Battery Stick vacuum - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 11-14-2018, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Battery Stick vacuum

I am looking for a battery stick vacuum. I have a rechargeable stick vacuum which is okay, for small jobs like a bank kiosk but not for a larger job.
I looked at a Makita--which took battery pack--which lasted 11minutes. The comments stated it had good suction & good tool set.
I'l looking to ditch dragging & winding 90 ft of cord to move from stairwell to stairwell
Thanks, Brad BD janitorial.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 11-16-2018, 10:23 AM
J4K

We have used the cordless Dyson vacuums in the past with good results. We have used others but they don't hold up or the battery life is bad.
post #3 of Old 11-27-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

j4K thanks for your response. How long does the battery last in the Dyson? and which Dyson are you currently using?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 11-27-2018, 09:40 PM
J4K

We have used the Dyson v7. They last about 30 minutes give or take. The older ones you could swap out the battery but the newer ones you can't.
post #5 of Old 11-30-2018, 08:03 AM

BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush, 20-volt - Cordless.
Black+ Decker is well known for battery vacuum. If you charge this vacuum one time then you can get 4 hours cleaning time.
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH have Lithium technology. This advanced technology will give vacuum cleaner super suction ability. source: https://pickthevacuum.com/best-vacuu...-and-pet-hair/
post #6 of Old 12-07-2018, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for your vacuum suggestions. I'll add them to my consideration list.
Brad BD Janitorial
post #7 of Old 05-21-2019, 11:34 PM

Hello, I am not here to offer a product, I am just here to give you advice.

If you are looking for good vacuums you have to look at specs, although I would recommend a hoover SH20030 just because of the nice experience I had with it but I would say you should look at specs definitely, I will link you to a site that reviews vacuums here, it contains specs but don't limit yourself to just one opinion, ask around a bit
post #8 of Old 08-25-2019, 03:01 AM

Dyson is very expensive product. You can try Tineco A11 hero. Before buying research online.
post #9 of Old 08-26-2019, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tileygrouty View Post
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush, 20-volt - Cordless.
Black+ Decker is well known for battery vacuum. If you charge this vacuum one time then you can get 4 hours cleaning time.
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH have Lithium technology. This advanced technology will give vacuum cleaner super suction ability. source:
I don't think that there is any vacuum giving run time of 4 hours. The maximum run time I have heard is 60 minutes. the model you are stating gives a backup of 20-30 minutes.

Amit
post #10 of Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM

Current run times for the better cordless stick vacuumsare still waaaaay under four hours. The latest Dyson models will last 60 minutes like thefunu said, but that is in the least powerful setting. Depending on what is being cleaned, you may be able to use the normal cleaning mode and get by.

Probably as important is recharge time. From what I found both of the V11 models run for up to 60, but for a full charge (assuming from empty).

If you are considering the Dyson V11, there's two models, the Animal and Torque Drive. When looking at the V11 Animal or Torque Drive, you're looking at the same vacuum. They both have the 60 minute max run time, recharge in 4 hours, same motor, etc.

One other thing to consider with a cordless is how long the battery will go for. Dyson STILL doesn't have a removable battery, so you cannot jus switch the battery out and keep going... You have to charge the vacuum itself

The only thing that is different is which attachments that are included.

My $.02: With a V8 Animal at home, which is showing a bit of age, but still a pretty good Dyson, I don't know if a cordless is ready to be part of a pro's toolset.

Tags
battery vacuum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in