Maintaining and clean floors - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-17-2010, 02:45 AM Thread Starter

Maintaining and clean floors

How should I maintain and clean various floor like:

1. Marble

2. Hardwood

3. Ceramic

4. Vinyl.

Someone advice me before, I should buff the floor once week with wax? Is that correct? Plus is it necessary to buy a floor polisher or buffer as early as now, where I have no experience on it yet? or is there any alternative solution that would cost less in may pocket regarding equipments. Please help me out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 AM
J4K

Google is your friend, do a search there.

"I should buff the floor once week with wax? Is that correct? Plus is it necessary to buy a floor polisher or buffer as early as now,"

You should buff or burnish the floor according to how often your contract states it should be done and how much traffic the floor gets.

Hard to say if you should buy one as early as now when we have no idea what you are talking about, give us some detail please.
post #3 of Old 03-17-2010, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

What I mean, is it possible not to use a floor polisher or floor buffer just to polish the floors or make the floor shiny? Instead I'll use a micro fiber mop or regular mop to polish the floor with a liquid wax or liquid polisher chemical for application. Would there be difference?

Second theres no contract yet, I'm still doing further research regarding such business before dwelling into it. Thanks for you response.

Last edited by clinnewbee; 03-17-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-30-2010, 11:10 AM

It's is going to depend on the type of floor but if you're trying to achieve a high glossy or mirror like shine like you see in a retail store like Walmart (which is typically VCT tile), for example, you'd have use a high speed floor burnisher machine (over 1000 rpm).

Last edited by Floor_Guy; 09-30-2010 at 11:15 AM.
post #5 of Old 09-30-2010, 11:13 AM

Renting or leasing prior to purchasing equipment is also an option you may want to consider if you have no previous experience.
post #6 of Old 10-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned

useful and easy tips to Cleaning all kind of flooring are available at http://www.saygeneral.com
in living and lifestyle section.
post #7 of Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 AM

I can offer you a blog with more cleaning tips. Hope they are helpful enough
post #8 of Old 10-11-2010, 09:16 AM

Floor Maintaining

With the exception of wood floors, other hard surface floors that are waxed do not have to have wax re-applied except when you deep scrub or strip. If your floors are just in need of a bit of polishing to make them pop, use a good spray buff or restorer with a high speed buffer (1500 rpm) about once per week and they will stay in good shape.

The Cleaning Consultant
Cleaning Solutions and Information
post #9 of Old 12-17-2010, 09:44 PM

Do not over-wax a wax floor. If the floor dulls, try buffing instead. Avoid wax buildup under furniture and other light traffic areas by applying wax in these spots every other waxing session.
Put plastic or fabric-faced glides under the legs of furniture to prevent scuffing and scratching.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #10 of Old 12-23-2010, 08:49 PM

I would use a burnisher at least 2000 rpm it make a big difference from 1000 rpm. Clean the floor with a microfiber dust mop then mop it with a microfiber dust mop. Then apply spray buff and burnish. hope that helps.

post #11 of Old 05-26-2011, 07:26 AM

Floor cleaning is a major occupation throughout the world. The main job of most cleaner is to clean floor.

METHOD:
The treatment needed for different types of floors is very different For safety it is most important to ensure the floor is not left even slightly wet after cleaning or mopping up.
Sawdust is used on some floors to absorb any liquids that fall rather than trying to prevent them being spilt. The sawdust is swept up and replaced each day. This was common in the past in pubs and is still used in some butchers and fishmongers.
It used to be common to use tea leaves to collect dirt from carpets and remove odours.

Thanks,

sunpak tripod

targus tripod
post #12 of Old 06-24-2011, 06:57 AM

hey, really great method. hank you for sharing

post #13 of Old 06-24-2011, 07:53 AM

It was helpful for me, too. Thanks a lot.
post #14 of Old 07-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualityassured View Post
I would use a burnisher at least 2000 rpm it make a big difference from 1000 rpm. Clean the floor with a microfiber dust mop then mop it with a microfiber dust mop. Then apply spray buff and burnish. hope that helps.

A 2000 rpm burnisher will allow you to burnish a floor faster but it doesn't necessarily provide a higher shine. It's also important to note that 2000 RPM floor burnishers are recommended for use on 20 amp dedicated circuits only.
post #15 of Old 08-04-2011, 05:23 AM

It is ironic really that the room in the house where we all spend our time cleaning. It is very important when damp mopping to make certain you don't saturate the floor and clean up any surplus water quickly.
post #16 of Old 02-24-2012, 04:21 AM

Maintaining and cleaning floor is very much necessary dirty floor lead to make you ill which is not at all good. To remain disease free it is necessary to keep you floor neat and clean.
post #17 of Old 02-24-2012, 08:02 AM
J4K

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattergill View Post
Maintaining and cleaning floor is very much necessary dirty floor lead to make you ill which is not at all good. To remain disease free it is necessary to keep you floor neat and clean.
Really? What do you have to back that up?
post #18 of Old 02-26-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4k View Post
really? What do you have to back that up?
lol
post #19 of Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 PM

Spray cleaning is an alternate way of maintaining vinyl tile. It was made popular in the 70's by a company called Taski.
post #20 of Old 03-17-2012, 05:58 AM

Maintaining and cleaning floor is necessary as it keep your house or living area clean. Various ways cleaning floors are there and people like to follow them. You can also make the use of some cleaners or some acids for cleaning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode