vacuum before cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-23-2011, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

vacuum before cleaning

do all of you always vacuum before cleaning, i thought that was a no brainer. am i wrong?

Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-24-2011, 03:58 AM

I'm not sure if it is a rule... but I clean and then vacuum after. Otherwise I feel like I some dust, lint, or trash might get on the floor and it would defeat the purpose of vacuuming in the first place.
post #3 of Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime CFB View Post
I'm not sure if it is a rule... but I clean and then vacuum after. Otherwise I feel like I some dust, lint, or trash might get on the floor and it would defeat the purpose of vacuuming in the first place.
Exactly, floors are the last thing we clean be it vacuuming, dust mopping or damp mopping. There is no reason to vacuum the floor when you still have to dust and wipe desks and furniture.

Barrett
Cleaning Concierge, LLC
Green Commerical & Residential Cleanings
Serving Greater New Orleans, La Area
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM

I think it is good to do vacuum before before cleaning, because it makes our work half. So it saves our time of cleaning. It can clean good also.
post #5 of Old 05-29-2012, 01:17 AM

I don't think so it is necessary to do cleaning before vacuum. Good vacuum cleaner easily remove dust and mist by doing vacuuming then It doesn't make any sense to do vacuum before cleaning. It west of time and energy.
post #6 of Old 06-12-2012, 10:38 PM

Vacuum

Vacuum after cleaning. That way you get all the stuff you knocked off the desks, picture frames etc.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
post #7 of Old 06-13-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSAJanitor View Post
Vacuum after cleaning. That way you get all the stuff you knocked off the desks, picture frames etc.
Yes, It makes work as easy as comfort to cleaning. Cleaning is all necessary thing apart from all things.
post #8 of Old 06-21-2012, 12:48 AM

I think it's a great idea to vacuum before cleaning. It can be done our work much easier and faster. Vacuum can easily remove all types of dirt, dust and many unwanted things. After vacuum, you can clean your home accessories with use of soft clothes or water.
post #9 of Old 06-22-2012, 03:21 AM

A vacuum cleaner is a device that uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors, and optionally from other surfaces as well. The dirt is collected by either a dust bag or a cyclone for later disposal
post #10 of Old 06-22-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenworkscarpetcare View Post
A vacuum cleaner is a device that uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors, and optionally from other surfaces as well. The dirt is collected by either a dust bag or a cyclone for later disposal
It is absolutely great. There are plenty of types best branded vacuum cleaners available in the market that can be very useful for removing any types of dust, dirt and many other wastes.
post #11 of Old 07-03-2012, 09:30 AM

Yes absolutely, It is very important to vacuum before cleaning home equipments like table, chair, sofa, carpet and many other furniture products. Vacuum can be done your work much easier and fast. It can be cleaning all types of dust and dirt.
post #12 of Old 07-05-2012, 04:17 AM

Today a man came to clean my living room carpet. I made sure to ask him if he vacumed before he cleaned the carpet. He said yes. He began, and I walked across my living room carpet, stepped on the linoleum and went straight down, severely hyperflexing my knee. My heel right heel went straight into my right buttock and I layed back on it to the point that my back and the back of my head was laying on top of it. I now have severe water on my right knee. He quickly completed the job and left, telling me there would be no charge. I said sure. I was in such agony I just didn't want to talk. I think I was also in a state of shock. I have been layed up all day, with a giant grapefruit knee. I am single and can put no weight bearing on the leg. I tutor, a little, privately going to people's houses, but can't even get down the stairs to get to my car. I think he lied when he said he vacumes first. He just went right into cleaning. His so called vacuming was soapy water which seeped onto the linoleum in my hallway and down I went. I assumed I was walking on a dry carpet. Do i have any recourse?
post #13 of Old 07-13-2012, 02:53 AM

Yes, always! vacuuming the carpet before cleaning is important. The carpet should be cleaned with a regular vacuum cleaner. This will remove the large and small dirt particles that has been tracked into the home, as well loosen deep dirt with fibers.

flood damage boston
post #14 of Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 AM

Your carpets can bring lots of satisfactions and attractions that can truly enhance your house. But one problem that comes with having a carpeting floor is the value of washing it effectively. Without the correct washing techniques, your carpeting floor will become unclean, and unappealing. That's why it is very important to understand the best washing techniques for your carpets.
post #15 of Old 09-26-2012, 05:39 AM

If your carpet is not that damaged then vacuuming can do the job for you but if your carpet has been wet for quite some time now then you must use wet carpet cleaning methods by which you can remove every kind of dirt and debris out the carpet.

Mold Removal NJ
post #16 of Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to detailscleaning
[QUOTE=kick2011;23468]do all of you always vacuum before cleaning, i thought that was a no brainer. am i wrong?

In my experience I've trained my cleaners to clean top to bottom left to right. Starting with the sealing fans. The reason you want to vacuum after you dust is because the dust and dirt will fall to the floor as you go about cleaning shelves.

For cleaning tips and tricks go to http://detailscleaning.net/
post #17 of Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 AM

The carpet should be vacuumed carefully with a regular vacuum cleaner before starting to clean it with a steam carpet cleaner. This will remove large and small dirt particles and gravel/sand that has been tracked into the home, as well as loosen deep dirt from within the fibers
post #18 of Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM

Vacuum cleaning before doing the actual cleaning process helps in removing the basic dirt layer which otherwise spreads around while either wiping by some cloth or broom. When all the stuff is vacuum cleaned then only work that is left is wiping and cleaning of those places which require special attention by using other tools for making them dirt free.
post #19 of Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 PM

The only time we vacuum before cleaning is when we are doing an initial cleaning/post construction or the level of dirt/dust is very heavy. That way we dont have to burn through rags dusting. Other than that the floor is the last thing that needs to be cleaned when performing maintenance cleanings.

Barrett
Cleaning Concierge, LLC
Green Commerical & Residential Cleanings
Serving Greater New Orleans, La Area
post #20 of Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM

I say it is a must especially for hardly soiled carpets. Anyway, it eases the cleaning significantly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode