Vacuum cleaner - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 7Likes

post #1 of Old 06-13-2012, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Vacuum cleaner

Hi everyone this is rubyluise. I am here because I just want to ask you that which vacuum cleaner will be the best for cleaning the house as hotel. We have two hotels at Sydney. So , I don't have any idea regarding vacuum cleaner.
momentum and cleanmike like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-14-2012, 02:25 AM

A vacuum cleaner is a device that uses an air pump to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors, and optionally from other surfaces
cleanmike likes this.
post #3 of Old 06-14-2012, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I am completely agree with you. Can you please suggest me the best vacuum cleaner which easily remove dust and mist and easy working without ant maintenance?
cleanmike likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 AM

Vacuum Cleaner

The type of vacuum cleaner depends on the type of pile the carpet has. The pile is how deep the fibers are, ie-shag carpet (deep) and commercial carpet (shallow). The deeper the pile the more you would want a vacuum with a beater bar to agitate the pile. Most uprights and some tank vacuums have beater bars. If the pile is not deep, a backpack unit is the best. Most hotels have shallow pile carpets so the backpack would work well. Some hotels have both types of carpets so you may need one of each.

Hope this helps.
cleanmike likes this.

OSA Janitorial Services
Phoenix, AZ
602-451-9322
post #5 of Old 06-15-2012, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSAJanitor View Post
The type of vacuum cleaner depends on the type of pile the carpet has. The pile is how deep the fibers are, ie-shag carpet (deep) and commercial carpet (shallow). The deeper the pile the more you would want a vacuum with a beater bar to agitate the pile. Most uprights and some tank vacuums have beater bars. If the pile is not deep, a backpack unit is the best. Most hotels have shallow pile carpets so the backpack would work well. Some hotels have both types of carpets so you may need one of each.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your suggestion.There are lots of options regarding carpet. So ,We have to choose for many purposes.You will give me very good details regarding carpet and I must say that It will be great thoughts that everyone has to follow.
cleanmike likes this.
post #6 of Old 08-17-2013, 08:13 AM

Nice post. Keep posting such needed information. Thank's!
cleanmike likes this.
post #7 of Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

The vacuum cleaner is one of the most well-known carpet cleaning equipments. It is a vital tool to retain the beauty and durability of your carpet. You can find the best vacuum cleaner through good research.
post #8 of Old 12-28-2013, 12:37 PM

You should visit a good cleaner store where you can try out different models and see which one seems to be the best choice for you. The amount of suction power that you need will depend on the flooring type that you have in your home. Know your requirements and based on those, choose your cleaner.
post #9 of Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 AM

You have to select a heavy duty vacuum cleaner for the hotel cleaning purpose. It should be durable enough to clean all the stuff whole day. Go to your nearest wallmart shop and get one you can also buy online, but make sure you are getting the perfect one.
post #10 of Old 08-27-2014, 01:40 AM

I have a Karcher MV4 and it is the best vacuum cleaner (hoover) i have ever had ... it does wet and dry which would be a great help in a hotel, and the suction power is amazing (I am not a Karcher rep, honest lol)
post #11 of Old 09-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Take your time and look at lots of different models and prices. I have had very good luck with Tornado products. They are by far my favorite.
post #12 of Old 10-26-2014, 07:54 PM

I use an Oreck and I am very happy. Recommend

We think itís important to provide skilled and experienced personnel so our work is always of the highest standard. Corona Cleaning
We are a family business, we have several years of experience and we can clean your house, office or apartment and we do it reliably and on time
post #13 of Old 03-20-2015, 05:14 AM

Honestly, any vacuum will do the job. You can get really powerful and premium ones like dyson/miele that are really good and have like 7 year warranty but in the end its just a vacuum. I find washing carpets is more important than vacuuming, but you have to do it ofcourse, twice a week atleast.
post #14 of Old 05-26-2016, 04:49 AM

A vacuum cleaner is a device that uses an air pump (a centrifugal fan in all but some of the very oldest models), to create a partial vacuum to suck up dust and dirt, usually from floors, and from other surfaces such as upholstery and draperies. The dirt is collected by either a dustbag or a cyclone for later disposal. Vacuum cleaners, which are used in homes as well as in industry, exist in a variety of sizes and models—small battery-powered hand-held devices, wheeled canister models for home use, domestic central vacuum cleaners, huge stationary industrial appliances that can handle several hundred litres of dust before being emptied, and self-propelled vacuum trucks for recovery of large spills or removal of contaminated soil. Specialized shop vacuums can be used to suck up both dust and liquids
post #15 of Old 10-29-2016, 11:42 AM

great advice thanks, i use a professional cleaning machine and Is really good but wanted other ideas since its time to replace!
post #16 of Old 12-05-2016, 01:00 PM

Is there any preference for the bagless or filterless vacs? I'm just curious if that brings the cost of consumables down...
post #17 of Old 09-02-2017, 02:55 PM

For our office cleaning business we still use the classic Sanitaire SC679J -- it's an upright and has no edger hose, but the motors last forever and the belts and brushes are the easiest to replace of any vacuum we've ever used. They're also not heavy, we find so many commercial vacuums these days to be exhausting to use. And for a hose vacuum you can't beat the Dysons.
post #18 of Old 09-02-2017, 04:41 PM

I like Orecks, too. Have not used a Kartcher, but would like to! Orecks have great suction. The only problem is they are quite bulky and heavy. Otherwise, they work wonderfully.
post #19 of Old 09-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Vacuums.
I see carpet types were mentioned but what about the carpet area? or hard surface floors or stairs? If you have 8,000 sq ft of carpet to vacuum will you use a 12" vacuum? would a 14" or 18" wide vacuum be faster?
And yes, carpet type is important, some upright vacuums don't work well on shag carpet, do they still sell that stuff?
A backpack vacuums offers the ability to vacuum carpet & hard surface floors just by changing the floor tool, also floor tools come in different sizes such as 14" 16" even a 20" floor tools.
Just some suggestions,
BD janitorial
post #20 of Old 09-19-2017, 10:29 PM

Hey Rubyluise,
Thanks for all the helpful info on your site. Upright or backpack vacuum cleaner can keep your restaurant, hotel, or office building clean and dust-free. Commercial vacuums are intended for heavy use and last longer. Generally we use a professional cleaning machine for your cleaning need. You can use carpet cleaner for cleaning your carpet as they usually equipped with a hot water heater and with special power brushes that reach deeper into your carpets and rugs, which can remove more dust and stains than common vacuum cleaners. Routine vacuuming with a high quality vacuum cleaner is the most important thing you can do to maintain the beauty of your rug.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode