Workshop - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-24-2011, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Workshop

How to clean and lube your bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-27-2012, 12:03 AM

A lot more fun can be had with a diesel powered steam cleaner where the water-cleaning-solution-mix comes out at a toasty 150 degrees centigrade and the 'wand' has to be held with both hands due to the 'recoil’. I always wash my bikes with high pressure water jet. It is excellent for cleaning chains and gears without the hassle of taking them off and rinsing through diesel. The only thing I clean is chain and gears.
post #3 of Old 05-09-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieremovals View Post
How to clean and lube your bike.
Here I will give you whole instruction to clean and lube your bike. First you keep all tools with you like hot water, Bucket and Toothbrush etc.then you can srub and degrease the chain, after wiping Lube the chain easily. You also wipe cables and lube all the cables, Scrub and lube Mech, sprockets. At the end of the process you can polish it off all equipments.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-12-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katty View Post
A lot more fun can be had with a diesel powered steam cleaner where the water-cleaning-solution-mix comes out at a toasty 150 degrees centigrade and the 'wand' has to be held with both hands due to the 'recoil’. I always wash my bikes with high pressure water jet. It is excellent for cleaning chains and gears without the hassle of taking them off and rinsing through diesel. The only thing I clean is chain and gears.
Katty, you must be a troll. 150°F water will remove all the grease from the chain and shift mechanisms. If you are using enough pressure to require the use of both hands, you will force water in the links and the bearings.

I hope no one takes your advice seriously.
post #5 of Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 AM

Very excellent notification given.I really liked the given content and enjoyed reading as well.Thanks for sharing such useful information with us.

Last edited by christ123; 01-10-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode