California Parking Garage, Parking Deck Deep Cleaning Class...East meets West - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-11-2014, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

California Parking Garage, Parking Deck Deep Cleaning Class...East meets West

For years, I have had people ask me ...How do you clean a parking garage so fast? or another one, How do you remove oil stains ? ( We can clean up to 310,000 sq ft in a single day with full reclaim and filtration)

Well I decided to allow one contractor from the east coast to come out to California for 10 days to learn face to face just how we do it. To learn about hose management, to manage 16 men on a jobsite, to learn water water management in a garage setting, to learn how to read blue prints and determin water flow and back up flow discharge proceedures, but most of all, to learn how to manage a filtration unit capable of 60+ GPM in conjunction with EPA waste water discharge procedures. You just cannot dump this concentrated waste filled with heavy metals, antifreeze, oil, etc. your community's back yard. This type of waste must be analyzed and discharged of properly according to your local AHJ requirements.

This included airfare, food and lodging. This was my way of giving back to an industry that has been so good to me.

Here is the Video from that experience:

East Meets West !

Professional Washing Network.Com ( PWN)
Parking Garage Cleaning Experts Since 1989.......Call me... 510-612-0437
http://www.GarageCleaning.Net
Ji[email protected]

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-11-2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: forgot to add we clean up to sentence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Another note....

We did not use our motorized surface cleaners during the comparison of the chemicals tested.

We felt that in using these mammoth surface cleaners, these surface cleaners would not give the same results as a contractor who uses a water propelled wand surface cleaner. ( Water propelled meaning using the water pressurized spray to turn the wands underneath the surface cleaner.)

On tougher stains, we do use the 14 hp surface cleaners which is 3 ft wide. This unit will spin the bars in the opposite direction. Nozzles are set at a 3 degree direction. When the motor is off, the bars will spin in a clockwise position. When the motor is running, those bars will spin in the opposite clockwise direction, thus pushing into the concrete instead of pushing off.

This gives you better performance and will increase your downward force since all of the energy is used for cleaning, not for rotation.

Learn more at the next Parking Garage Cleaning Event !

[email protected]

Last edited by [email protected]; 04-11-2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added parking garage event
post #3 of Old 04-16-2014, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Motorized Surface Cleaners with over 3600 RPM wands

Here are some of the Surface Cleaners we use...

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-16-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Using the right detergent is a must !

Here is Nigel checking for penetration of detergent.

[email protected]
post #5 of Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Listen to what Nigel has to say about Garage Cleaning School Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3EY2eLDVQk

Learn from
  • What detergents work Best for Filters
  • Water management
  • Water reclaim
  • Discharge procedures
  • Water management
  • How to manage a 16 man crew in a Parking Garage
  • Filtration Management
  • Issues that may arise....how to solve them
  • AHJ Issues and how to guide your company around those concerns

So much more....

[email protected]

Tags
parking deck cleaning , parking garage , pressure washing school , reclaim and filtration

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode