Citracleen, Sunbrite Citrus or Simple Cherry? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
View Poll Results: Which housewash should I try next?
Sunbrite Citrus 4 20.00%
Rowlett Citracleen 7 35.00%
Simple Cherry 8 40.00%
Other (Please post what if you select this one!) 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of Old 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Citracleen, Sunbrite Citrus or Simple Cherry?

Ok, time for me to mix 55 gallons of a house cleaner to mix with hypo. Which should I choose? Citracleen is Sodium Metasilicate and some other things but I couldn't find the MSDS on the others. Is the advertised softening/rinsing qualities of Simple Cherry worth looking into? Is Citracleen worth more than the less expensive Sunbrite Citrus?

Help a guy out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 08-16-2006, 05:02 PM

I like Steve's citracleen, and from what I've heard Sunbrites is the same exact stuff, only cheaper. I'm going with Sunbrites citrus cleaner after my citracleen is gone. I don't know anything about Bob's stuff.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #3 of Old 08-17-2006, 10:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-17-2006, 04:18 PM

Make sure of what? That it's the same? Mike W has posted about it, he's tried both and said he couldn't tell the difference between the two, besides the price.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #5 of Old 08-17-2006, 06:11 PM Thread Starter

Well, if Mike W said it I would have to believe it as he does a lot of houses. Looks like the race is between Sunbrite Citrus and Simple Cherry
post #6 of Old 08-17-2006, 07:10 PM

I just used the simple cherry that was ordered this weekend and got yesterday(fast) and I love it. If nothing else, it smells great and the nieghbors even commented on how good it smelled. That beats the neighbors looking concerned because they smell SHC and have been brainwashed to think bleach is a four letter word.

Was able to let dwell a little longer and used less SHC. Never used citra"" whatever, but definitly like the Simple Cherry better than what I had been using because it was as hard on me as the bleach breathing it in.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #7 of Old 08-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
Make sure of what? That it's the same? Mike W has posted about it, he's tried both and said he couldn't tell the difference between the two, besides the price.
i didnt know who said it ,i was implying that if it were me i wouldnt always go on what i heard ,unless i knew as you obviously do,the person making the satement.i would look at the data sheets to make sure i wasnt cutting myself short thats all.if my income depends on it that is.
post #8 of Old 08-17-2006, 08:02 PM

Simple Cherry do smell purty....
post #9 of Old 08-17-2006, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

So, Simple Cherry comes in to tie the lead. How much does it cost to get 55 gallons? Obviously cost has to figure into the equation or we would be rinsing with Evian!
post #10 of Old 08-17-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ s View Post
i didnt know who said it ,i was implying that if it were me i wouldnt always go on what i heard ,unless i knew as you obviously do,the person making the satement.i would look at the data sheets to make sure i wasnt cutting myself short thats all.if my income depends on it that is.
My bad Russ, in my first post I should of stated that it was Mike W I had heard it from. Sorry

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash

Last edited by Barry M; 08-17-2006 at 09:51 PM.
post #11 of Old 09-11-2006, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
I just used the simple cherry that was ordered this weekend and got yesterday(fast) and I love it. If nothing else, it smells great and the nieghbors even commented on how good it smelled. That beats the neighbors looking concerned because they smell SHC and have been brainwashed to think bleach is a four letter word.

Was able to let dwell a little longer and used less SHC. Never used citra"" whatever, but definitly like the Simple Cherry better than what I had been using because it was as hard on me as the bleach breathing it in.
Michael,
How are you mixing the Simple Cherry? Just curious as it seems you first make a concentrate and then can cut it down to 40:1. What recipe are you finding works best for you?
post #12 of Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM

One pound Simple cherry to one gallon water and then mix with 4 gallons 16% SH. Then I down-stream. I have figured that my adjustable down stream injector will give me anywhere from 3:1 to 20:1 depending on hose length or tip needed for height. Sometimes I'm strong, sometimes I'm just right. I find that it is better to be on the strong side than to be too weak because you can always add water in the field.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #13 of Old 09-12-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
One pound Simple cherry to one gallon water and then mix with 4 gallons 16% SH. Then I down-stream. I have figured that my adjustable down stream injector will give me anywhere from 3:1 to 20:1 depending on hose length or tip needed for height. Sometimes I'm strong, sometimes I'm just right. I find that it is better to be on the strong side than to be too weak because you can always add water in the field.
Thanks Michael. That clears it up a lot. I just noticed that Bob has added some tips for Simple Cherry on his website and it matches what you say very closely. I now have something to work with to determine my cost analysis. Cheers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode