concrete chemical solution - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-30-2008, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Question concrete chemical solution

hi guys,and gals, I have just stated my pressure washing business for about two weeks now. just got a call to clean two concrete driveways almost side by side. concrete is about five years old, my problem is there both real bad, grease,oil, mildew tire marks you name it. they work on cars so thats why the mess.. i dont have any pics sorry.... but there real bad.. i have a cold water 4000 psi 4000gpm and a 20' whirl away.. what chemicals do you pros recomend??? and how do i approach it? i heard and read about many chemicals but sounds like some are for different stains..is that true... heard of f-18, clean cret, most people mix...among many others... what do you guys suggest????

thanks for all the replies, everyone is greatly appreciated!
im a newbie and dont mean to get anybody upset with my question or repeat question trust me ive searches many forums for many hours and im just more lost that ever
Im from palm springs california and the weather is great right now! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

any takers!
post #3 of Old 07-14-2009, 07:10 PM

My husband used to use driveway cleaner from Rubbermaid. You can get it at Lowes or Home Depot and Walmart. Don't remember the price since we are not in the business anymore, sorry. How about using muratic acid. I think you can get that at a pool store. We used to put it on the driveway with a watering can and then swish it with a broom and wash it down. BUT BE CAREFUL IT'S A DANGEROUS CHEMICAL if you don't know what your doing. Keep the kids and animals away if you do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-17-2009, 05:11 AM

Look for a degreaser containing sodium hydroxide and butyl. With cold water you will be fighting an uphill battle, but the chems will help.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 07-18-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjacquie View Post
hi guys,and gals, I have just stated my pressure washing business for about two weeks now. just got a call to clean two concrete driveways almost side by side. concrete is about five years old, my problem is there both real bad, grease,oil, mildew tire marks you name it. they work on cars so thats why the mess.. i dont have any pics sorry.... but there real bad.. i have a cold water 4000 psi 4000gpm and a 20' whirl away.. what chemicals do you pros recomend??? and how do i approach it? i heard and read about many chemicals but sounds like some are for different stains..is that true... heard of f-18, clean cret, most people mix...among many others... what do you guys suggest????

thanks for all the replies, everyone is greatly appreciated!
im a newbie and dont mean to get anybody upset with my question or repeat question trust me ive searches many forums for many hours and im just more lost that ever
Im from palm springs california and the weather is great right now! lol
You should be able to find some local chems that would be cheaper than shipping stuff accross the states.

Many labeled concrete cleaners are caustic based and would handle grease. Ken & others suggested a few, yes lowes and HD actually have some quick to use stuff. Not as industrial and maybe not as strong. It will do the job in a pinch.

Get to your local guy in Cali and see whats on his shelf.
post #6 of Old 10-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Concrete Cleaner

If you're still interested...

My company has chemicals that work extremely well. You can go to http://greenendeavorinc.com if you want more information.

Good luck with the business!
post #7 of Old 10-09-2011, 04:07 PM

I use and sell a product called BT200 that is a bio remediation product designed specifically for cleaning oil and grease stains and spills. I own a pressure washing company in houston texas and I have cleaned many drive thrus and drive ways with it. It takes a little time but it actually eats the hydro carbons out of the pores of the concrete. You can use cold water too. Feel free to call me at 281.883.8470 if you would like more information. Here a re a few pics. One is of an oil stain that we treated only the middle of the stain. The other is of a contractor in Florida that used it to clean up a hydraluic oil leak on pavers. The product is CERTIFFIED GREEN and contains zero harmful ingredients so if it splatters on you you dont have worry about it. Very easy and safe to use.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oil Stain Removal Using BT200.jpg (5.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg An Hydraulic Oil Stain Removal Houston Texas.jpg (39.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg After Hydraulic Oil Stain Removal Houston Texas.jpg (38.4 KB, 3 views)

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode