Equipment needed? [130+ gas stations] - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Equipment needed? [130+ gas stations]

Thanks for reading this thread. I have the opretunity to bid on a large contract for 130+ gas stations that stretch from CA to WA state. They need to be cleaned once a year from top to bottom. I hope to have a crew of myself and one other guy for the first year. The station are an average 40' x 90' with 12 pumps in 6 lanes and a canopy covering them. Just like most gas stations.

I'll have to reclaim all the water and dispose of it even if its just into the sewer system depending on local regulations.

So what I'm needing is advice on what kind of equipment to buy and what brands and specs. I figure I'll need:

Two pressure washers so we have a redundant system if one goes down.
A large water tank. What size? 250g?
Some style of flat surface cleaner like a wirl-a-way.
A pressure washer extension pole.
A water recovery system[vac, vac-booms, berms, storage tank]
A trailer to transport it all.
The usual spray guns for detailed spraying.
All the hose reels and parts.

Is there anything else that I'm missing or would be highly recommended? And of the things listed above what are your recommendations of brands, PSI, volumes, models, etc...

I have seen a few companies on line that offer custom build trailers. Is this a good way to go or is it better to buy all the stuff and install it into a trailer myself?

Thanks for the help.

Tim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-14-2008, 09:40 PM

Hi Tim. I would go with dual 8 gpm hot water machines (Landa, Hotsy, Pressure Pro) and something like the Whisper Wash Big Guy for surface cleaners. You may want a bigger tank with machines that size (500+ gal) You will need a couple high pressure reels with 200 ft on them with a few 50 ft backup hoses. 150' of 1/2" supply hose whould be ok.

You have to find sanitary drains. You cannot dump into a storm sewer.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks again for the input.
What are your thoughts of gas vs. diesel?
What are your thoughts about using a surface washer that has water reclamation built into it?
I think the company is going to require me to have berms or vac-booms set up anyways.
Do you really think it will take 500gal to wash one of these stations? That seems like a lot.

Any recommendation of reclamation systems? I have seen the vac-booms and the various products used to plug the storm drain and collect the water that flow to it.

Tim

Last edited by nwman; 10-14-2008 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode