Help a new guy out! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-18-2006, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Help a new guy out!

Hey, thanks for your advice in advance. I am primarily a paint contractor that is looking for advice on a good setup. During my peak season we pressure wash 6 homes a week for paint prep. I currently have a MITM 3504.

http://www.mitm.com/series_details.a...oductLine_Id=1

I would like to utilize an X-jet system with this and maybe get it rigged in a trailer with a 50gallon tank to be used as a buffer for areas with less than ideal waterflow. My questions are where would be the best place to get a trailer to setup a rig like this or should I get a whole new rig to begin with? How do I go about setting up an x-jet system with my pressure washer? What would be the best solution mix to use? I am fully aware that it various with situations but I am looking at something that would be solid at cleaning exterior siding, good on gutters and take out mildew. Would this work?:

http://www.pressuretek.com/simplecherry1.html

(the solution in the last question on that page).

By using an X-jet would I be able to eliminate ladder movements?

Also in regards to the solutions I would like something that won't damage windows, roofs or plants that are thoroughly soaked. I apologize for being a noob but I appreciate any and all of your help. Once again thank you in advance!

~todd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-18-2006, 04:48 AM

I can address the X-Jet to some degree. Bottom line, it is the best tool I own. Period. I can do most two-story houses from the ground. I am not sure what difference (if any) painters prep would be that a good ole house cleaning...but, I use a rip-off version of the x-jet, I also use a soap solution just for houses (from my power wash supplier) mixed with pool shock (chlorine)...I rinse plants and windows first, during and after with a fan nozzle....not an issue.

I have a 4000 psi-4gpm honda-comet pump....not the biggest not the smallest but works for me.

I am in sunny florida and we get mildew/mold....I seldom need any real pressure (soap does most of the work) and am happy with my set-up. Hope this helped..some.
post #3 of Old 12-18-2006, 05:54 AM

Todd, you are definitely on the right track. My opinion on the X-Jet.. A good tool to have when you need high concentrations of chemicals. If you are doing primarily vinyl siding, take a look at downstreaming your chemicals. If you don't already use 12% sodium hypochlorite, find a source for it (pool supply stores are a good starting point)

I haven't used the Simple Cherry but the owner of Pressure-Tek is a super guy. He will take your call and get you setup with the right chemicals, nozles for downstreaming, etc.

No disrespect whatsoever to clearly, his tool is working fine for him but the purpose of the X-Jet is to get minimal water dilution with your chemical. Buy the real thing not a knock off (get the M-5), it is the only tool with the 1:1 ratio. When you would appreciate that is if you are doing stucco or dryvit or applying chemicals for flatwork.

Talk to Bob about rigs, setups and suppliers as well.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-18-2006, 06:19 AM

Some info.

Hello, painter here also. Go to google. Click Sunbrite Supply. Go to search. Click Xjet or M5. Also click tips. If you need more info PM me.
post #5 of Old 12-18-2006, 07:21 AM

Go here for the best info. Bob at Pressure-Tek can hook you up good. I can downstream a vinyl house with less pressure and faster than any x-jet out there.(Yes, I own an x-jet) Talk to Bob... He won't try to sell you an over-rated and over priced chunk of metal.

http://www.pressuretek.com/

He won't lie to you in order to make a sale like some others do.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #6 of Old 12-19-2006, 09:40 PM

The xjet, or m5 is an excellent tool for cleaning houses, there are quite a few contractors that use downstreamers too. I'd suggest looking at both methods and asking some questions of other contractors near you, maybe even see if they will let you watch them do a house so you get a good idea of how they work.

I haven't run acrossed any distributors that have lied to me about products so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Try to find a vendor near you if possible and get to know them and learn from them. Distributors want you to succeed because they want long term customers just like contractors do. A local vendor might not be as cheap as one you can find online but if you need something right away, he will be there when you need him the most. I prefer to buy my stuff locally whe I can, I've run into too many things that sounded great until I actually got them shipped to me.

If you have any questions you welcome to email me, I don't get on the BBS's much lately.

Henry
[email protected]

Last edited by Henry Bockman; 12-19-2006 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Added contact info
post #7 of Old 12-19-2006, 11:46 PM

Henry How Are You Andy From The Eastern Of Maryland Still Work On Them 84 Units We Talk About (roof)
post #8 of Old 12-19-2006, 11:57 PM

Todd You Have Got Some Info From Some Of The Best , We Use Soap From Sun Brite Call Power House It Works Good For Us, We Do Both Downstream And Use X -jet It All Depends On What You Are Doing . We Also Use Ext Wands For 2 Story Houses.
post #9 of Old 12-20-2006, 07:53 AM

Yes, some distributors will lie to sell a product.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #10 of Old 12-31-2006, 06:23 PM

That machine is ok. I'd only go with a honda for daily use. The poly belt drive system makes the machine considerably durable. Looks like it has a decent frame, but I've never heard of it.

X-JET:
Ok... Look... I know the hype... I've heard of the xjet since it came out and it was looked at like a "miracle" product. For one thing, I don't have the time or aggrivation level to deal with dragging my chems with me around any area (grass OR concrete). The design of the xjet makes it more of a PAIN than it does good. Also, I hear on all the ads for the xjet how it shoots most 2nd story homes from the ground. Again...ok, thats cool...but NOW i have to drag a 5 gal bucket on a dolly or I'm CHEMLESS. Not worth it. I've been using the same nozzles to clean for the last 5 years (when I found out about them). I can use a 0050 to pull chems @ 5 to 1 (or 10 to 1) up to 45ft high. Using a 0020, I can rinse the entire area down (0020 shoots up about 50ft). Depending on the chemical you use, these nozzles do EVERYTHING the xjet does, WITHOUT the hassle... ok, NOW...the xjet pulls up to 2 to 1. Unless you're using something that's POWERLESS.... you only need 5 to 1. The 2 to 1 on the xjet was invented for applying chems to roofs at high ratios right from the ground. Using the proper chem, I can clean ANY steep roof from the ground @ 5 to 1 using my nozzles...that cost Seven bucks each, compare to the xjet price...
post #11 of Old 04-19-2007, 09:42 AM

I am a handy man type of Company located in CT and do some roof cleaning. I am looking buy now and stop renting. I do not do full time powerwashing. I think that 4GPM is the place to start. Locally I have access to MITM and service help. My question is this a good starting point to see how well I can grow the business and have a decent machine to start out with.
post #12 of Old 04-19-2007, 09:12 PM

Check out sun bite or pressure tek both good companys
post #13 of Old 04-20-2007, 06:37 AM

I was hoping to get an easy answere but realize that every situation is different. I will contact the two vendors you listed. Thanks for your time.
post #14 of Old 08-23-2007, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddcla2002 View Post
Hey, thanks for your advice in advance. I am primarily a paint contractor that is looking for advice on a good setup. During my peak season we pressure wash 6 homes a week for paint prep. I currently have a MITM 3504.todd
wow! 6 houses per week, you must make so good money dude!
post #15 of Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 AM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
in addition if you dont want to drag around a bucket the x-jet or the m-5 will both draw chems with up to 100 feet of hose connected to the x-jet its self ( not the amount of pressure hose used ) thats 100 ft of chem line, and yes I have done it and was told to by the company that makes it , it will also draw further than that but the draw rate drops
post #16 of Old 12-19-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Bockman View Post
The xjet, or m5 is an excellent tool for cleaning houses, there are quite a few contractors that use downstreamers too. I'd suggest looking at both methods and asking some questions of other contractors near you, maybe even see if they will let you watch them do a house so you get a good idea of how they work.

I haven't run acrossed any distributors that have lied to me about products so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Try to find a vendor near you if possible and get to know them and learn from them. Distributors want you to succeed because they want long term customers just like contractors do. A local vendor might not be as cheap as one you can find online but if you need something right away, he will be there when you need him the most. I prefer to buy my stuff locally whe I can, I've run into too many things that sounded great until I actually got them shipped to me.

If you have any questions you welcome to email me, I don't get on the BBS's much lately.

Henry
[email protected]

Henry, You never get on anymore. good to see ya

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode