How to start? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-27-2006, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

How to start?

Okay guys & Gals ........

What would one need to know and do to get a power washing business going, I want to keep it small like decks, houses and driveways, nothing to big.Right now my wife and I have been cleaning homes since 2001, I dont want to grow that but, I would like to add something like Powerwashing for some extra income .

Thanks for the help !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-26-2006, 09:14 AM

Pressure Washing

All you really have to do is just start soliciting yourself to the clients you already have. Another thing you can do is, have you ever walked by a business and noticed how dirty their storefront sidewalk looks? Well, you can tactfully bring that to their attention and offer to do it for free or a lower price and then if they like it, you tell them you will maintain it monthly for a flat rate. We did that for one of our corporate accounts and now we generate a seperate division in our cleaning company solely for pressure washing. Hope that helped a little.
PS
Don't buy anything less than a 3750 psi pressure washer, commercial grade. Cold water cleaner is good to start with because the hot is a little more costly. Good chemicals and a good machine will get you moving along.

Sandy
post #3 of Old 10-26-2006, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Wow, I got a response !!! Thanks for the info Sandy.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-26-2006, 07:22 PM

Check out a board called The Grime Scene and start reading. There is much more to it than meets the eye if you are to set yourself apart. Its all about the right detergents, using the lowest possible pressure and high flow (gpms). I cannot see how any company can even begin to clean commercial flatwork with a cold water machine.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 10-26-2006, 09:26 PM

hello,im starting a gutter service and would like some bid info from one who knows. my primary business is cleaning and treating roofs. but im starting this in phases to build up enough capitol to get to wher i can pressurewash roofs. i got alot of good training from my brother who specializes in cedar washing and treating. hard work but can be rewarding. well, anyway if you all cuold give me a good benchmark im greatful. thanks snappenfresh roof and gutter cleaning- i hope ive done this right
post #6 of Old 10-27-2006, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Snap, your web site is a great help also..... Trust me, I wont start anything until I get all the info I need , I am one who works on an idea for a good long time before I start...
post #7 of Old 03-15-2008, 11:16 PM

Talking Hey Tigerpaw

Personally, I am having some great luck with the PW thing. Basically I do this: Take a Sat/Sun, and put flyer's in doors. Once you get a hit, you do the job and then drive the neighborhood in your marked (commercial vehicle with company logo on the side/back). An added idea would be using the postal service to do your evil bidding..mwuhahaha....post cards...the diabolical weapon....they go directly to their mail box and if you have a cool logo and a great deal, they will swamp ya fast. Well, its just what we have found.
post #8 of Old 03-20-2008, 10:33 AM

Currently (as of today) we are checking out glossy door hangers, as opposed to the flyers w/rubber bands. Seems to me like that would be a more professional looking advertisement. They are a bit pricier, but if we get more hits with those, it should cover the cost.
post #9 of Old 03-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Flyers allow you to perfect your message. "Poor mans marketing analysis". If you have no message you can door hang with gold and still have no business.
post #10 of Old 03-20-2008, 05:51 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
I have door hangers and got a great price on them. Full color on both sides, very professional. I spent about $500 for 4K of them. I was very happy with the quality.

Torrey

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #11 of Old 05-04-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
Check out a board called The Grime Scene and start reading. There is much more to it than meets the eye if you are to set yourself apart. Its all about the right detergents, using the lowest possible pressure and high flow (gpms). I cannot see how any company can even begin to clean commercial flatwork with a cold water machine.
Many do and they take longer, you can clean it and get it done it just takes longer.
post #12 of Old 05-04-2008, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpaw View Post
Okay guys & Gals ........

What would one need to know and do to get a power washing business going, I want to keep it small like decks, houses and driveways, nothing to big.Right now my wife and I have been cleaning homes since 2001, I dont want to grow that but, I would like to add something like Powerwashing for some extra income .

Thanks for the help !
So hows it going after all this time and advice?
post #13 of Old 01-28-2011, 10:48 PM

Flyers and Direct Mail postcards would work. I guess it all depends on where you are located though. If in a rural area, you might wanna go the postcard route. If in an area, like I am, walking neighborhoods and putting really nice designed flyers in doors could be the way to go. I think a 2/50 ratio (2 calls on 50 flyers) is a pretty good ratio.

Its the middle of winter now, but I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about walking neighborhoods in Spring and handing out flyers. Good cardio anyway.
post #14 of Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraBrite View Post
Flyers and Direct Mail postcards would work. I guess it all depends on where you are located though. If in a rural area, you might wanna go the postcard route. If in an area, like I am, walking neighborhoods and putting really nice designed flyers in doors could be the way to go. I think a 2/50 ratio (2 calls on 50 flyers) is a pretty good ratio.

Its the middle of winter now, but I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about walking neighborhoods in Spring and handing out flyers. Good cardio anyway.
we are loving it here on the Gulf Coast, late Jan and it was almost 70 today!
post #15 of Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM

Pressure Washing

This is a very good time of the year to start marketing.
post #16 of Old 02-03-2011, 07:53 AM

I am getting all new flyers made up for this year, new website and everything and am hoping they are getting finished with it very soon!!! I am about ready to roll!!!
post #17 of Old 02-03-2011, 01:01 PM

Pressure Washing

I hear that, we just got our new business cards, brochures, T shirts, and hats. Got the feeling of a kid in the candy store.
post #18 of Old 02-07-2011, 08:04 AM

The easiest way to learn time is to do jobs. You will quickly get an idea of how long it takes to do a typical house, driveway, boat, whatever. No matter if you are doing the work or if you have an employee doing it, time should still be factored in.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode