I need a sprayer for Chemicals (any Ideas)? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-08-2006, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Question I need a sprayer for Chemicals (any Ideas)?

I am about to start a job which is going to require some mean chemicals which cannot be run through my pressure washer, nor can it be run through my Graco sprayer. I don't want to have alot of money in this sprayer since I will probably only have to use it for this job. Anyone got any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-08-2006, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
I am about to start a job which is going to require some mean chemicals which cannot be run through my pressure washer, nor can it be run through my Graco sprayer. I don't want to have alot of money in this sprayer since I will probably only have to use it for this job. Anyone got any ideas?

You can set up a shur flo sprayer for pretty cheap or you can buy and x-jet to shoot your chems with your p/washer.

http://www.pressuretek.com/m5xjet.html

Shane Brasseaux
Wood Savers of Texas
"We Beat the Weathering Problem"
post #3 of Old 12-08-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsavers Of Texas View Post
You can set up a shur flo sprayer for pretty cheap or you can buy and x-jet to shoot your chems with your p/washer.

http://www.pressuretek.com/m5xjet.html

I normally do use my chemicals through my system, only with this specific chem. I can't use more than 30psi. I need to apply this chemical using only a mist. The reps. informed me that it would eat my hoses and seals and that they would not recommend running it through my pressure washer. So I was hoping to rig something up. Ideas??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-08-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I normally do use my chemicals through my system, only with this specific chem. I can't use more than 30psi. I need to apply this chemical using only a mist. The reps. informed me that it would eat my hoses and seals and that they would not recommend running it through my pressure washer. So I was hoping to rig something up. Ideas??

Well the x-jet shoots at the tip doesn't run thru the p/washer pump.You would have a problem keeping the psi as low as 30 psi.

Your best bet then would be the shurflo set up.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...Id=9414&R=9414

Shane Brasseaux
Wood Savers of Texas
post #5 of Old 12-08-2006, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Well the x-jet shoots at the tip doesn't run thru the p/washer pump.You would have a problem keeping the psi as low as 30 psi.

Your best bet then would be the shurflo set up.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...Id=9414&R=9414

Hey thanks alot man for the info. This really helps.
Is this pump submergable? Exactly what do I need to buy to make this sprayer system? And how?
post #6 of Old 12-08-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Hey thanks alot man for the info. This really helps.
Is this pump submergable? Exactly what do I need to buy to make this sprayer system? And how?

You need some PVC tubing and a chem resistant spray wand and trigger. http://www.pressuretek.com/clpotu.html

You use some tubing and a PVC pipe for a pick up tube and you all set.

search around on www.pressuretek.com and you should find all the parts you will need.

Shane Brasseaux
Wood Savers of Texas
post #7 of Old 12-08-2006, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You need some PVC tubing and a chem resistant spray wand and trigger.You use some tubing and a PVC pipe for a pick up tube and you all set.

search around on www.pressuretek.com and you should find all the parts you will need.
O.K. I appreciate it. I'll check out the sites you mentioned.
BTW the pictures of your work .
post #8 of Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Quote:
O.K. I appreciate it. I'll check out the sites you mentioned.
BTW the pictures of your work .
Thanks Stevie glad i could help

Shane Brasseaux
Wood Savers of Texas
post #9 of Old 12-31-2006, 07:47 PM

Chem sprayers

I used to spray polymer coatings through a Graco machine. I used a Graco sprayer because the SHUR FLO 12 vt elec motor couldn't handle the thickness of the chemical. Shur Flo is OK... BUT unless that thing's FLUSHED and taken VERY good care of, you'll be changing that 100 dollar pump every three or four months. If you like thirty psi, and three gpm, and a Shur Flo is an option, check out gas powered application. A small honda engine (weed wacker type motor) is all that's needed to spray your chems. For a few hundred, it will make it's money back shortly after usage. Shur Flo, gas powered application, a pump sprayer, the x jet (although the ONLY reason I agree with using the xjet is it KEEPS chems OUT of my hoses and injectors....), or a normal five to one or ten to one injector are all OK to use, take the THICKNESS of the chem you're applying into consideration. If it's thin like water, it won't pose as much pressure through the machine.
post #10 of Old 01-03-2007, 05:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Brite View Post
I used to spray polymer coatings through a Graco machine. I used a Graco sprayer because the SHUR FLO 12 vt elec motor couldn't handle the thickness of the chemical. Shur Flo is OK... BUT unless that thing's FLUSHED and taken VERY good care of, you'll be changing that 100 dollar pump every three or four months. If you like thirty psi, and three gpm, and a Shur Flo is an option, check out gas powered application. A small honda engine (weed wacker type motor) is all that's needed to spray your chems. For a few hundred, it will make it's money back shortly after usage. Shur Flo, gas powered application, a pump sprayer, the x jet (although the ONLY reason I agree with using the xjet is it KEEPS chems OUT of my hoses and injectors....), or a normal five to one or ten to one injector are all OK to use, take the THICKNESS of the chem you're applying into consideration. If it's thin like water, it won't pose as much pressure through the machine.

I do have a Graco sprayer only the people from graco told me not to use this type of chem. through it. So, I did wind up buying a small set up from tractor supply ($200) and it did the job. Came with a 30 gal. tank and it turned out the structure I was cleaning had been built for almost a year and these people were asking me to use a chem that was supposed to be used to remove mortar tags and smears, the catch was it had to be used within a 14 to 28 day time period after being built. So I wound up just pressure washing it. And due to the incompetence of the masonaries, (a bunch of drunks I was told), it didn't turn out so good!! The project manager said that it looked good, but I hated it!!! I guess you can't perfect them all, right?
post #11 of Old 03-16-2008, 12:01 AM

Today I ran my X-Jet. Though I thought it was a minor pain in the ass carrying the bucket, connected to the X-Jet nozzle, it still did the job, and quite well. Basically, when I got done with a wall with the chems, I disconnected the hose to the chem container and commenced to blasting the wall with water to rinse. Well....I would do two sides of the house, and by the time I was done the second side, it was time to rinse the first side. The woman I did the job for was so happy with the job, and I was happy with the money. Done and done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode