national average - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-21-2006, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

national average

Is there a national average for pwashing say siding, concrete, roofs? Just curious where I would find that info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-21-2006, 08:04 AM
WEW

Otta be!
post #3 of Old 07-21-2006, 09:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
i never thought about anything like that but what avg are you looking for ,comparisons on pricing ,frequency of times cleaned ???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 AM

Question National Average

10 cents a Square FT for cold water 14 cents A Scquare FT for hot water. We can not get that much here in Florida. There is a magazine called Pressure Cleaning Times, they Claim that is What the Average is for pressure cleaning in general. Roofs, drive ways, houses. Get as much as you can get.
post #5 of Old 07-26-2006, 12:03 PM

This link might help.

http://www.dcs1.com/del/pricing.html

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #6 of Old 08-23-2006, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

My question was what is the national average price for roofs,houses,concrete,etc.

Thanks for your answers;thanks for the link.
post #7 of Old 08-23-2006, 06:38 PM

The national average wouuld be meaningless. What if you are in the area that takes the curve higher? I know i get double what they get in Arizona and Florida. Utilizing an average I would undersell my services. Also, there is a difference in each of those services depending upon material, height, how dirty, etc.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #8 of Old 08-28-2006, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

If I am on the low to middle end of the national average I will utilize this information by showing them the national average. Prices here fluctuate wildly.Many customers have 0 idea of what things should cost. If I need a strong presentation to beat out some lowballer, the national average info could be one more tool in my arsenal of info.

Blackjack
post #9 of Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry M View Post

Thanks...good link!

Blackjack
post #10 of Old 08-28-2006, 08:45 PM

Black, I doubt a national average sheet would have the sales impact you are thinking it would. As a homeowner, why would a survey like that mean anything to me when there are five guys willing to do it for much less. Take away the decision to shop on price by selling your strengths (licenses, certification, insurance, work quality, references, professionalism etc).

Think about this, if you launch your counter attack based upon pricing, you are just focusing more upon that which you cannot match. Your best bet is to learn the best possible sales technique, how to overcome objections, how often to attempt a close and fortifying people's decisions based upon the VALUE of your service. Remove price from the equation. People only want a good price from the get-go. When they have to look at an inferior job day in and day out the sweetness of saving a few bucks quikly turns into bitter dissapointment.

Trust me.. you take away a person's doubts and replace them with long lasting feelings of enjoyment in their property and you will be able to sell your services for triple any national average.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA

Last edited by PressurePros; 08-28-2006 at 08:48 PM.
post #11 of Old 08-29-2006, 05:09 AM Thread Starter

Ken,

Point taken. I agree totally with the importance of presenting yourself as a pro and knowing how to overcome objections and close. Lately I've been losing a higher percentage of jobs to lowballers. I guess I want to convey the idea that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. While I'm explaining that my higher prices are justified by superior service, I'd like to show them that the low prices are abnormally low. In other words: there's a reason there prices are so low. Maybe taking price out of the equation altogether would be better. I'll give it some thought. Thanks.

Blackjack
post #12 of Old 10-13-2006, 12:13 PM

There is always someone out there who will under bid you, but if you can build up your clientel and reputation ( professionalism, licenses, quality of workmanship, ets) people are not going to worry how much they are going to pay. Remember, word of mouth can be your best advertising strategy. It works for my business. I work with high end clientel and it took only one year to take off. But, my clients see either me or my husband and they know that without a doubt, even though we are on the high end price wise, that the service they get is impecable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode