need a second quote. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

need a second quote.

The parks and recreation dept wants me to pressure wash their small parks areas around town (pavillions,concrete ....) The problem is that they have to have a second qoute so it can be turned into the city. The person over it wants me to do it since I do quality work and go the extra mile to make everything look good. They dont care who the quote is from as long as I get the job. They don't want a jack leg to under bid me and then do a crapy job. (The city has already tried to use convicts)

I thought about having a friend just hand write a quote.

Anyone up for a quote?

Last edited by ls1blazer; 03-07-2007 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 PM

Where you located? Be careful, you may get a company that seriously bids and sells it whom also does quality work.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 03-07-2007, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Theres no one in my small town that does pressure cleaning full time or has the equipment to do it other than home depot specials . I've seen a few people who cut grass do a few sidewalks with wands. Thats why I advertise that pressure cleaning is my business. I actaully have 75% of the towns business . I recently got a phone call from a guy wanting to sell my his pressure cleaning equipment. I found out he was over bidding his jobs and could'nt get business since he thought he was the only pressure washing business . He installs gutters for a living now. That's why I tell my customers that the equipment is where the profit is at, not high bids. I can usually beat a jack legs price,do a better job and be finished in a fraction of the time . Therefore I can do more jobs per week to make my profit. I guess its the difference in a cub cadet and a dixie chopper.

I'm actaully looking at bucket trucks right now so I can do grocery stores and business fronts fairly quickly.

Last edited by ls1blazer; 03-07-2007 at 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-08-2007, 07:55 AM

That's good. Sounds like your pricing plan will lock up the town and keep you very busy. Margins aren't that important anyway, its all about making it up with volume.

But if there are no other companies in town, and of course the odds are even higher against someone from your area being here at cleaningtalk.com, what can you hope to accomplish by requesting someone making up a fictitious quote? I mean I'll do it but my washing rate is $120 per hour so I would need to get at least that to put something together.

PressurePros, Inc
post #5 of Old 03-08-2007, 10:23 AM

asking you to aid in the provision of any other bids defeats the purpose of an open bid situation, whoever within your city is asking you to do this is tempting trouble if found out. Better to let them solicit the bids plain and period
post #6 of Old 03-08-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1blazer View Post
Theres no one in my small town that does pressure cleaning full time or has the equipment to do it other than home depot specials . I've seen a few people who cut grass do a few sidewalks with wands. Thats why I advertise that pressure cleaning is my business. I actaully have 75% of the towns business . I recently got a phone call from a guy wanting to sell my his pressure cleaning equipment. I found out he was over bidding his jobs and could'nt get business since he thought he was the only pressure washing business . He installs gutters for a living now. That's why I tell my customers that the equipment is where the profit is at, not high bids. I can usually beat a jack legs price,do a better job and be finished in a fraction of the time . Therefore I can do more jobs per week to make my profit. I guess its the difference in a cub cadet and a dixie chopper.

I'm actaully looking at bucket trucks right now so I can do grocery stores and business fronts fairly quickly.
I didn't know there was such a thing as overbidding. I personally don't sell based on price. I sell customer service, dependability, trustworthiness and can get more than the others. And yes, still do it faster than the "Jake legs" But I won't bid less than a Jake Leg. That's the point right? To be better than the Jake Legs and to benefit from being better.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
post #7 of Old 03-15-2007, 07:27 PM

They come and they go.

"Let me run to the internet, milk some faceless person dry of their knowlege then I won't add anything constructive ever again"

That's just a tad annoying.

PressurePros, Inc
post #8 of Old 03-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Sorry littile late but Is1balzer I wish I live in your one horse town because I would bid agianst you. And when I won and did a great job you would be a " Jack Leg "
post #9 of Old 03-23-2007, 04:30 PM

so Is1blazer where do you live hope it is in maryland , delaware , or easternshore of va

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode