Oil-stains - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-02-2014, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Oil-stains

What do you use for oil, or grease, like dumpster-pads ?

Is heated water a must ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-02-2014, 10:26 AM

I would say heated water is a must when trying to clean up oil and grease. You can use some degreasers/detergents while pressure washing, but you are usually going to have much better results with hot water than cold water.

Kind of like trying to wash greasy, dirty dishes in ice cold water versus steaming hot water. Hot water takes way less time and yields much better results...
post #3 of Old 02-25-2014, 02:19 PM

The first thing that you should do in removing the oil stain is to clean up the spill. This is because the longer you let the oil spill set on the carpet it can spread further and affect other parts of your carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-26-2014, 10:48 PM

How to remove oil stains

Some people have used Coke Cola. Ya, I know that sounds wrong, but it does work in some rare cases.

The thing you need if the oil is impregnated is heat and lots of it.

We have removed the stain complete and in some cases have not removed it, but made it so much better, that there is a faint remembrance of the dark oil stain. For this reason, hot summer days are always the best time to remove them.

Also, if doing a drive way, one must be aware of their local discharge laws. Some states may consider the street/ gutter as US water ways.

If you would like to know more, you can visit the NEW PWNA website coming out later next week. Each and every member will have a searchable web page to help their ranking on Google search engines. We will also have the first COMPLETE EPA section that address the water run off issues for each state, including the EPA links as well...

(Magazine article was removed).

If you want to learn more, give me a call at 510-612-0437

Jim Gamble
PWNA BOD

Professional Washing Network.Com ( PWN)
Parking Garage Cleaning Experts Since 1989.......Call me... 510-612-0437
http://www.GarageCleaning.Net
[email protected]

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-27-2018 at 01:47 PM.
post #5 of Old 02-27-2014, 05:08 AM

But can you give me the brief details from where you want to remove oil-stains..Because oil generation detergents are different for different places or materials,then we can suggest the detergents or any natural methods..

But if you are asking normally that hot water is must for cleaning oil stains,so , yes absolutely right, heated water can remove most of oil but left the oil brightness but if you use some detergent, then it removes completely.
post #6 of Old 03-25-2015, 06:15 AM

thanks for the information
post #7 of Old 11-18-2015, 06:51 AM

Petrol can help in it.
post #8 of Old 09-29-2016, 06:34 AM

post #9 of Old 10-29-2016, 12:05 PM

good information as i always have a hard time with cleanign oil !!!!
post #10 of Old 01-15-2018, 04:27 PM

Caustic cleaners work wonders on oil and heat really should be used to emulsify the oil but caustic has its dangers so I would recommend something safer like EBC

Professional Power Washing Service Serving Enumclaw, Buckley, Bonney Lake, Puyallup and the surrounding areas.
360-761-2986
post #11 of Old 01-31-2018, 11:16 AM

Try “BacKrete.” It works well for us.

Ultimate Pressure Washing
Fort Wayne,IN 260-271-9672
Indianapolis,IN 317-960-5300
www.UltimatePressureWashing.com
post #12 of Old 02-27-2018, 01:50 PM

Here we are in cleaning a Parking Structure in Oregon... The news crew decided to come out and do a story about us...

http://kval.com/news/local/crews-scr...parking-garage

Professional Washing Network.Com ( PWN)
Parking Garage Cleaning Experts Since 1989.......Call me... 510-612-0437
http://www.GarageCleaning.Net
[email protected]
post #13 of Old 04-06-2018, 06:08 PM

I asked this on another thread, but no one answered me. I am trying again , because my landlord had pressure washing company clean the two buildings and sidewalks. The guy used a strong chlorine bleach in his spray and it has almost killed the beautiful garden I had planted in front of my building. I asked the guy if he used bleach and he told me he would "go light on it" around my plants. He did not. He lied to me. When I got home, and touched one of my plants, my hand stunk of bleach. I rinsed everything - several times, but many plants are losing leaves and dying. I want to know: Do most of you routinely use chlorine bleach when you clean sidewalks and buildings? Is this a standard practice???? Or did this guy take a short cut?

Please, someone, give me an answer on this. We pros have to stick together!
post #14 of Old 09-25-2018, 08:32 AM

I have found that Z-Greaser works to remove the surface oils and some that has penetrated the concrete, but there is still a little shadowing left behind. The shadowing usually fades away within a few weeks, unless the leaky garbage truck comes back.
post #15 of Old 11-11-2018, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Skipworth View Post
Caustic cleaners work wonders on oil and heat really should be used to emulsify the oil but caustic has its dangers so I would recommend something safer like EBC
I did as you said and it's working. Thank for your infomation...
post #16 of Old 03-25-2019, 06:58 PM

I am new to this forum and only in the research stage for starting a pressure washing business. From all that I have studied it does seem that bleach mixed with a surfactant is a very common cleaning solution. However everything I read and see on YouTube indicates that if it is rinsed off well it should not kill plants.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in