oil & water pressure. - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-14-2006, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Question oil & water pressure.

Hi guys i set up a driveway cleaning business last sept 2005. Just a couple of quick questions, hoping you can help.. Whats the best way you have found to remove oil of driveways? I have tried nearly everything but still no joy.

I use a 200 bar cobra machine with a honda engine, but i am constantly having problems with pressure, mainly caused by me always using the customers outdoor tap. There's a couple of other companies that have set up in the area and they advertise saying they have got there own water supply. Can anybody advise me on this on how to get my own water supply, because then i would never have a problem with pressure, occassionally i do suck out of a bucket, but this can be quite time consuming, because its alwaysrunning out... many thanks craig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-14-2006, 09:03 PM

Try this.

F-18 Max

http://www.pressuretek.com/f18max.html

You will most likely still have a shadow from the stain after using it if the stain is old but I tested it on my driveway and the shadow has faded quite a bit in just a week so I assume it will be gone soon.

Good luck.
post #3 of Old 09-15-2006, 01:37 AM

[quote=crega;4563]Whats the best way you have found to remove oil of driveways?

Hot water and a good chemical. What are you using for chemicals now?
Any sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide will work.

Can anybody advise me on this on how to get my own water supply, because then i would never have a problem with pressure

If it will suck out of a bucket, depending on how much room you have. You may plumb your machine into a water tank like 50 gallons and up. This is also depending on how much your machine using per minute(GPM)

because its alwaysrunning out...

Try your best not to let that pump run dry or you will damage it from cavitating.

Michigan Exhaust Cleaning
Your First Step in Restaurant Duct Fire Prevention
Dave Ott 800-861-6475
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-03-2007, 07:04 AM

[QUOTE=Dave Ott;4577]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crega View Post
Whats the best way you have found to remove oil of driveways?

Hot water and a good chemical. What are you using for chemicals now?
Any sodium hydroxide or potassium hydroxide will work.
I know this is old thread, but a quick question what ratio to water would you make the SH mix?
I do use a degreaser, which gets rid of 99% of oil stains but was told that a caustic would help shift the carbon shadow, if it remains.
post #5 of Old 10-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Crega can start by trying a surge tank. as small as 35 or 55gals US will help. start filling soon as you get to each jobsite...

R&A try SH and see if it works for you. apply to spots with a garden sprinkle can and rinse after it sits... change dwell time or strength as needed.

Hope that helps a bit.
r

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode