Pressure washing bid need advise - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-25-2011, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Pressure washing bid need advise

Hello guys,

I was asked by a property management company to place a bid for office cleaning. The thing is they have 4 docks and they want them pressure washed once per month.
I've never done pressure washing and I would appreciate if someone can give me an idea of how to bid this out. I measured one dock. It's 3000 sq.ft.
Can you tell me how much time do you spend to pressure wash 100 sq.ft. and how much time does it take to pressure wash 3000 sq. ft. dock?
Also, how much would it cost in chemicals?

Thanks,

Terry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-26-2011, 08:05 AM

Some things you will need to clean concrete is:
Hot Water
Surface Cleaner
Degreaser.

This my be something you want to sub out.

A-OK Pressure Washing
Douglas, MA
508-476-9944
[email protected]
post #3 of Old 05-01-2011, 12:14 PM

I agree, you may want to find a company that's been providing this service and tag along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-01-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

That's funny when some people talk about pressure washing like it's science. I got that account and already cleaned the area I was asking about. It came out great, never thought that pressure washing could be so easy.
post #5 of Old 05-01-2011, 04:29 PM

Not saying that pressure washing is rocket science by any means. I'm sure that the job came out great. Now all you have to worry about is someone coming in and taking that account from you because they have hot water the right chems and equipment to make the job you did look like amatuers work in half the time and twice the profit margin.

A-OK Pressure Washing
Douglas, MA
508-476-9944
[email protected]
post #6 of Old 05-02-2011, 06:22 AM

That's great. When you have a chance post pics of your work.
post #7 of Old 02-21-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphacleaning2009 View Post
That's funny when some people talk about pressure washing like it's science. I got that account and already cleaned the area I was asking about. It came out great, never thought that pressure washing could be so easy.
Just remember experienced contractors on the forums have a tendency to look out for younger contractors due to the ammount of fly by PW contractors out there. There are the rights tools for a job, and there are tools for the job that you can slide by with, which not be a industry standard or worse off less efficient taking one longer to clean while they underbid the project.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode