Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum banner

Pressure Washing and Janitorial?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  UltraBrite 
#1 ·
Currently, I have a pressure washing and janitorial company. The plan is: year around we do janitorial, and be seasonal with the pressure washing. I'm guessing the pressure washing is March - Sept here in Maryland. Janitorial (Especially the government high dollar bids) are year around. So, I will have the seasonal big PW money and then keep the bucks rolling with the janitorial. Is this sound thinking? :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Sounds like a good plan. Maximize your pricing on the PW'ing so you build a good customer database and don't get overwhelmed with work that will detract from the janitorial end.

#4 · (Edited)
Sounds like a great plan :yes:

Couldn't you push the outdoor PW later than September in Maryland? I'm in the northern Virginia area (Fauquier county) and the weather doesn't get seriously inclement, on a regular basis here, until December-ish or January.

Not sure, but you may be able to still do many outside pressure-washing clients way into late Fall & early Winter months. Maybe a "winterizing" market campaign to clean and protect the siding, roofs & decks for the coming winter???

just my 2 cents...

suzi

#5 ·
suzi, we run a campaign in late Novemeber that advertises "Don't put your holiday decorations on a dirty house" That takes us into the first week of December but for the most part business dies after Thanksgiving. In addition, when nighttime temperatures fall beow freezing we have to winterize our machines. Its a drawn out process that is highly annoying to perform at the end of every day.

#8 ·
UPDATE: Got the jacked up Hot Water pressure washer late last summer. Paid about 1000 for it used. Paid another 500 to get it serviced. Worth about 3000 or 3500 just setting there.

Ohhhhh man.... cant wait until spring. Wooooo...... HA!:D

I am so amp'd, I would PW a house for free right about now. LOL!:thumbup1:

Beyond that, check the new website. Total rebuild. Spent the last two months working the SEO. Went from 2nd page SERP for my keyword phrases on its initial launch, to 18th SERP where it settled. Then, I went berserk on the optimization front. Currently setting on the 5th page for SERP. At this rate, and in an extremely competitive area, I am guessing it will eventually land and settle on the second page (and Google Gods willing) the first page. Anything is possible... yes yes? :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.