Pressure washing trucks - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-23-2007, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Pressure washing trucks

I've been asked by a truck company to clean their eighteen wheeler trucks. I just don't know how i should price it. I don't want to be to expensive because this can be good repeat business for me. i appreciate any feed back thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-23-2007, 10:29 PM

Trust me if you don't want to be too expensive you will hate the work.Don't focus on selling soley on price or you won't be in business long.KNow your cost before going in and then figure your profit.

I can pull between $25 and $60 for trucks alone(no trailers)depending on volume and frequency.My prices are higer than most because I don't like washing trucks.
post #3 of Old 01-23-2007, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

thanks man that helps, but would you charge it on an hourly rate or what?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-29-2007, 04:39 PM

Why don't you tell him you'll give him a sample wash on his dirtiest truck? Then you can find out how long it takes(to figure your pricing), if it's something you even want to do, you see how effective your cleaning ability is, and you'll see what it might take to satisfy the owner/manager?
post #5 of Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 PM

Excellent idea

Welcome to the board biodude
post #6 of Old 01-29-2007, 11:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome.
I was just thinking that no-one would turn down a "free" truck wash, right? Then, with that info, a person probably already has an idea in their mind as to an approximate hourly rate, so when you factor in how long it would take to wash these trucks on their worst day, add travel time if you want to, and always be mindful of your chemical usage and helper expense, if they go for it, at least you won't take it in the shorts. Plus, on days that they're a little easier to clean up, a person can spend a little more time on them minting them out and make the manager even more happy....
post #7 of Old 01-30-2007, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

great idea

Thanks for the information. thats a great idea!! What would be a good chemical to use on big trucks? Im sure someone on here knows a great chem that works. I tried purple power, but like i paid for, cheap, so were the results.

Last edited by mcfd61; 01-30-2007 at 12:21 AM.
post #8 of Old 01-30-2007, 08:43 AM

We live in the upper midwest where everything gets VERY DIRTY, so we two step up here and it works awesome with no brushing. Soap rinse doesn't work at all here but may work down there, so maybe some of these other guys have a lot more experience in that area and has a suggestion on that .
post #9 of Old 01-31-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks man

OK so what exactly is your method, because down in the south the soap and rinse technique don't really work either. I think i'll probably have to use a brush. oh and thank you for your feed back!
post #10 of Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 PM

We've created a special system that allows you to inject your chemical at the gun, make your changes there as well, yet instead of the chemical dribbling out, in comes on at pressure, and you can still have a clean rinse. It works great. If you want, more info on it can be seen at www.biocleansystems.com. The website is in the midst of some "freshening up", but hopefully you can understand it a little.
post #11 of Old 01-31-2007, 09:49 PM

Bio, no more HF acid? I heard that stuff is brutal to work with. I never got into fleet work but most guys I know use the acid/caustic soap route. Looks like you have developed something good. What type of reclaim equipment do you guys use in the field?

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #12 of Old 01-31-2007, 10:31 PM

Same thing as everybody else. There's no big secrets there at all. We mount reclaim tanks in our wash trucks that sit next to our water tank, then dump them when we get back. A number of our customers don't need reclaiming because their lots have drainage ponds built into them already. I guess that's one advantage of living in a state that has a lot of lakes and rivers. Everyone seems to be more conscious of things like that....
post #13 of Old 03-15-2008, 11:45 PM

Baltimore, MD... Ripe for the pickings. Currently I am making the transition from civil engineer (sewer manhole inspections, to pressure washing full time), and in my travels of Baltimore, I have noticed an enormous amount of opportunity here. Anyone in Baltimore, or MD in general...or even states surrounding ours would do well to tap this area. Seems like there are tons of ideas for fleet work, flat work, and massive new construction work, especially near the inner harbor. Just a thought.
post #14 of Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 PM

Pressure Washing Baltimore

Way to think big Ultra!

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #15 of Old 03-19-2008, 11:58 PM

Been to Baltimore. Loved the downtown area and the seafood! Usually, anywhere near a port like that would have a lot of trucking because of distribution, so I could see it being pretty active there. What is the name of that really long bridge there? I crossed that but it gave me the "willies" for some reason. And now with the bridge collapsing here in Minneapolis it really freaks me out!
post #16 of Old 03-20-2008, 07:58 AM

The Key bridge, or the Annapolis Bay Bridge? Either one would be freaky if they collapsed. haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode