Pricing Jobs (please help) - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-24-2007, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Pricing Jobs (please help)

Ok maybe i was a little too vague in the last post. But, On pressure washing houses, and mobile homes, what seems to be the better way of pricing(sq feet, or by hrly rate)? Thank you

Last edited by mcfd61; 01-29-2007 at 11:08 PM. Reason: it was a little vague
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-01-2007, 11:26 PM

Try This

1. Trailer Houses (Mobile Homes):

Method #1. $1.00/ft. to $2.00 per linear foot.

Method #2. Trailers in a trailer park: $45 to $55.00 for a single wide, $75.00 to $95.00 for double wide.
    Trailers on a lot by themselves: $50.00 to $100.00 each.

Hazard: Most retired people want you to spend an hour talking and eating milk and cookies.
  2. House Washing:

Method #1. $95.00 to $295.00 or 10 cents/Sq. Ft. for single story and 20 cents/Sq. Ft. for double story. (Note: Vinyl Sided Homes go for as little as $39.95)

Method #2. $0.50 to $2.00 per linear foot for single story homes. About $1.00 average.
    $2.00 per linear foot for double story homes.
    Note: Pricing by the linear foot is a more accurate way of pricing than by the square foot.

Method #3. $70.00 for a single story and $100.00 for a double story house.

Method #4:
    Single Story 1,500 to 2,000 sq. ft. - $150.00
    2,000 to 2,500 sq. ft. - $200.00
    Any two story - $250.00

Access around a double story house has to be taken into consideration. If you have unsual restrictions or need special equipment this cost will have to be added to the bid.

Dryvit Houses: $0.30 per square foot.
    Be careful. You can force water under dryvit and pop it off the house. Use low pressure or bursh. See Dryvit cleaning procedures at http://www.dryvit.com/cleaning.htm

In more expensive neighborhoods add 10% to 30% to the above prices.

Hazard: Most retired people want you to spend an hour visiting and eating milk and cookies.
  3. Cleaning Mildew off Stucco

$0.10 to $0.15 per square foot
post #3 of Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 PM

" Hazard: Most retired people want you to spend an hour visiting and eating milk and cookies. "

Good one pressure packed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-02-2007, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRESSURE PACKED View Post
..In more expensive neighborhoods add 10% to 30% to the above prices.

or 100%.. not neccesarily based on how expensive the neighborhood is as, in my opinion that is an unfair pricing practice, but based upon where you operate. My min housewash is $395 and they go up from there.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 PM

keep it simple

We have found hourly rate easier to use. It is less confusing and easy to quote to customer. When in dought add extra hour to job quote. Your hourly rate should be based on what you are comfortable with or what your market allows.
post #6 of Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 PM

If I told my customers what my bill rate was per hour they would probably be a little miffed. I know some companies out there that gross $150+ per hour on house washes.

PressurePros, Inc
post #7 of Old 02-03-2007, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Thank You!!!!

Thats really what i was looking for PRESSURE PACKED, thank you! And i do know what you mean about retired folk talking and eating milk and cookies! HHMMMM.......milk and cookies, talk to ya'll later!!
post #8 of Old 04-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Maybe I could get some help too PLEASE!!!!

Have just bid const. cleanup on a townhome development. They also asked me to include a price for pressure wash (which we normally haven't had to do) but we are willing. I realize if we have to remove trash and all it is more, but in general they said it was 3436SF courtyards....I am assuming that is for each 8 unit building. Any suggestions for pricing.
post #9 of Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 AM

Jackie, the going rate for commercial flat work (concrete) is from $.05 (very low) per s.f to as high as $.15 per s/f. Most companies come in around the middle.

My guess is at either of these rates you will lose your shirt on time because you aren't set up correctly. That volume of work requires high flow machines (5.6 gpm+), hot water and surface cleaners. A decent setup is going to cost you about $5500. This doesn't include reclaim and recapture equipment which is mandated by federal law. The fine for getting caught letting water run into a storm drain can be $10,000 and jail time.

My suggestion to you is to bid it at $.10 per s/f and either buy the right equipment or sub it out to a company that is already setup to do the job right and offer them $.08 per s/f.

PressurePros, Inc
post #10 of Old 04-22-2007, 10:10 AM

Pressure Wash Help

thanks for the response. I'm in Florida and most of the jobs here there are no storm drains, etc. for runoff so I don't think that will be an issue. I have no problem adding more equipment because it usually pays for itself in a short period of time. we also do remodel and drywall, paint, trim, etc...so over the years we have purchased MANY pieces of equipment to do a job properly.

I appreciate the pricing info and once I get an actual floorplan layout of the way the houses and courtyards are set up and see if they are brick, flagstone, concrete, whatever I will use your pricing guide.

Have a great weekend and thanks again....btw I do use other subs when a job is more than we can tackle and it's always a beneficial arrangement for us all!
post #11 of Old 05-06-2007, 07:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to russ s Send a message via Yahoo to russ s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieCleaner View Post
thanks for the response. I'm in Florida and most of the jobs here there are no storm drains, etc. for runoff so I don't think that will be an issue. I have no problem adding more equipment because it usually pays for itself in a short period of time. we also do remodel and drywall, paint, trim, etc...so over the years we have purchased MANY pieces of equipment to do a job properly.

I appreciate the pricing info and once I get an actual floorplan layout of the way the houses and courtyards are set up and see if they are brick, flagstone, concrete, whatever I will use your pricing guide.

Have a great weekend and thanks again....btw I do use other subs when a job is more than we can tackle and it's always a beneficial arrangement for us all!
where in Florida are you ?
post #12 of Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 AM

I am in the Kissimmee/St. Cloud area. We work everywhere from 27 up through Orlando. Have mostly been in Poinciana the last 14 yrs.
post #13 of Old 05-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Exclamation Need help quoting Power Washing at a Water Treatment Plant on Metal Steps...

Hello everyone,

I am in need of some help with the Sq. ftg. price for Pressure washing some metal steps and floor grates at a Water Treatment Plant in Maryland but, I don't know what the going rate is at this time in the State of Maryland... However, I am in hopes of Subbing this one out but, I need the price to quote on my Bid. Please give me the Square Footage Price...

ahall1000
post #14 of Old 10-27-2007, 09:04 PM

ahall live in maryland did you sub this work out yet
post #15 of Old 12-01-2007, 09:13 AM

If you have at least two trucks, insurance, Contractor license and cover Frederick county, Montgomery county, P G County, Howard County, email me at [email protected] anyone in maryland. We need one Contractor firm to cover the whole state.

Last edited by Pressure Cleaning; 12-05-2007 at 08:22 AM.
post #16 of Old 01-05-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieCleaner View Post
Have just bid const. cleanup on a townhome development. They also asked me to include a price for pressure wash (which we normally haven't had to do) but we are willing. I realize if we have to remove trash and all it is more, but in general they said it was 3436SF courtyards....I am assuming that is for each 8 unit building. Any suggestions for pricing.
I would just add an extra
( c note.... aka 100 ) to the job......
post #17 of Old 01-08-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer Inc View Post
I would just add an extra
( c note.... aka 100 ) to the job......
I hope that was a joke.. Good one!

PressurePros, Inc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode