professional cleaning vs homeowner DIY - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By topnotch
  • 1 Post By Cleanupcrew
  • 1 Post By Steamworks
  • 1 Post By Beckon Call

post #1 of Old 06-21-2018, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

professional cleaning vs homeowner DIY

Howdy,

What do you think are the biggest difference between professional cleaning and cleaning done by homeowners? I have been blogging on the subject and would love your input.

My most recent post, professional driveway cleaning list some of them. They include:
  • time
  • money
  • results
  • insurence

What do you think are the benefits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 06-22-2018, 02:06 PM

Homeowner needs to buy, borrow, or rent a pressure washer. Then they need to spend the hours doing it. Quality is totally up to the person doing the work

Aaron
Top Notch Windows
Cleanupcrew and ColemanA like this.
post #3 of Old 06-24-2018, 05:06 PM

Professionals know the best way to do it without damage.
It will stay cleaner longer.
Saves your time.
We supply everything needed.
ColemanA likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 06-27-2018, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Great points. Thanks for the replies. We have to educate our customers on why picking a professional is a clear choice.
post #5 of Old 12-09-2019, 09:07 PM

professionals wont damage the surface. It will take a professional a fraction of the time it will a homeowner for the same amount of work.
post #6 of Old 02-03-2020, 12:41 PM

Its funny, I posted a blog two weeks ago with almost the same title but for gutter cleaning. I believe people who are going to do it themselves will do just that. Once they make a mistake and damage their property or themselves they will give you a call. Can't tell you how many times I have been asked to fix striped concrete because a homeowner put a zero tip on a pressure washer and tried to clean themselves.
Beckon Call likes this.
post #7 of Old 02-09-2020, 11:24 AM

Home owners will shoot 2500-4000 psi directly on the siding and ruin it. So will companies that don't have insurance or proper equipment / techniques. Not to mention the lack of workmans comp

We are the leading provider of power washing serving all of Michigan. Our customer satisfaction, prices, train staff, professional exterior cleaning, and quality of work set us apart from our competition. Please send us a message if you need help growing your business or if you want information regarding equipment and cleaning techniques.
Power Washing St Clair MI, Power Washing Warren MI, Power Washing Royal Oak MI
post #8 of Old 02-09-2020, 11:25 AM

The benefits of using a professional company to power wash a homes exterior include this as well.

Insured
Professional Results
Home owners save their time and don't risk being injured
Add those to your list as well

We are the leading provider of power washing serving all of Michigan. Our customer satisfaction, prices, train staff, professional exterior cleaning, and quality of work set us apart from our competition. Please send us a message if you need help growing your business or if you want information regarding equipment and cleaning techniques.
Power Washing St Clair MI, Power Washing Warren MI, Power Washing Royal Oak MI
post #9 of Old 02-09-2020, 08:40 PM

We give the wow factor using a mix of softwash , for painted surfaces, and high pressure, including long lasting mould treatment for hard surfaces.
We have spent a lot of time and money to produce this result as opposed to the home owner using a cheap pressure cleaner to do areas that it is not the best treatment for.
We always have happy customers as they don't have to do anything and the results speak for themselves.
post #10 of Old 02-10-2020, 03:33 PM

One of the best reasons for hiring a professional is time savings. We only have so much time and if we can leverage our money to allow us to spend that time doing what we enjoy instead of cleaning gutters, pressure washing, window cleaning, etc...the better.
Cleanupcrew likes this.
post #11 of Old 02-11-2020, 04:28 AM

Hey,

Unlike DIY, quality carpet cleaning services involve heavy-duty tools like steam cleaning machines. Nowadays many professional carpet cleaners are either portable or large units mounted to their truck. However, there are certain norms you should be aware of like making sure you get a solid quote prior starting of the work.
post #12 of Old 02-24-2020, 10:13 AM

If you want to save time for cleaning home then you should hire professionals. And if you want to save money then you can do this yourself.
post #13 of Old 02-24-2020, 06:34 PM

dreamcleaner

lol STREAKS!! Man ive seen so many homeowner jobs look horrible to the point I can tell they tried but failed and now have to hire a professional to fix the issue they caused.
post #14 of Old 02-27-2020, 09:39 PM

Easy choice isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcleaner View Post
lol STREAKS!! Man ive seen so many homeowner jobs look horrible to the point I can tell they tried but failed and now have to hire a professional to fix the issue they caused.
We have to somehow educate people that spending so much time themselves with bad results can be easily fixed by hiring a professional.
So much better result and they don't have to waste their free time cleaning.
Just a thought. Pete
post #15 of Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM

....just my opinion, but.... It looks like almost everybody posting here is the owner of a power washing company and has a vested interest in the info in their reply. As the owner of a decent-sized pressure / power washing company, I want business too. But there are many instances where you can get great results by just renting a pressure washer from Home Depot. I'm not going to get into specific instances where they're equivalent, but obviously, those types of cleanings that don't require a lot of knowledge or use of cleaning agents, don't need heated water, and on tight surfaces (not porous) will yield good results from DIYers and are of low risk of damage. Ok, I lied. Here's an example. You've got a bunch of dirty (just DIRTY) sealed pavers on a patio area by the backyard pool. A DIYer using a pressure washer, staying 10" away will clean that up in a heartbeat. I do completely agree that your time is worth something and you'll be spending some of it picking up a washer, returning it, you'll need a truck or a trailer, etc, etc...... .....again, just my opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode