Soft wash - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes

post #1 of Old 12-15-2012, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Soft wash

Im seeing a lot of guys doing soft wash in my are. Any thoughts on using bleach?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3 of Old 12-31-2012, 07:30 PM

We love soft washing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-12-2013, 12:25 PM

Softwashing on many surfaces is far superior to pressure washing. Pressure still has its time and place, just not as often with us anymore.

Ray Burke
Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning, LLC 850-528-3226
Serving Tallahassee, North Florida, South Georgia, and the Big Bend
http://www.spray.wash.com
Pressure Washing, Soft Washing, Roof Cleaning
post #5 of Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM

Yes thats what we are pushing.
post #6 of Old 02-12-2013, 07:20 PM

we don't even own a power-washer, all we do is soft-washing in Salisbury Maryland

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Powerwash and Roof Cleaning Professionals
Serving Maryland, Delaware and Parts of Virginia

post #7 of Old 02-17-2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksroofs View Post
we don't even own a power-washer, all we do is soft-washing
Are you guys using air driven diaphragm pumps or 12 volt pumps, what GPM? What's the method for switching from chemical to fresh water? Someone goes back to the trailer and switches the ball valve?

RDU Pro Wash and Paint
919-740-2366
http://www.pressurewashraleigh.com
Pressure Washing Raleigh, Pressure Washing Cary, Roof Cleaning Raleigh, Clayton NC Roof Cleaning, Roof Cleaning Cary NC, House Washing Raleigh, Painting Service Raleigh NC
post #8 of Old 02-17-2013, 10:42 PM

We use air for solution and 12 v for fresh water. We run 2 pressure washers.
post #9 of Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Cleaning by A&E View Post
We use air for solution and 12 v for fresh water. We run 2 pressure washers.
Makes sense, what's the GPM' s on each?

RDU Pro Wash and Paint
919-740-2366
Pressure Washing Raleigh, Pressure Washing Cary, Roof Cleaning Raleigh, Clayton NC Roof Cleaning, Roof Cleaning Cary NC, House Washing Raleigh, Painting Service Raleigh NC
post #10 of Old 02-18-2013, 08:15 AM

I use a 12volt pentaflex ( 7gpM) for application and a 120volt Dayton electric (10GPM) for rinsing

Ray Burke
Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning, LLC 850-528-3226
Serving Tallahassee, North Florida, South Georgia, and the Big Bend
http://www.spray.wash.com
Pressure Washing, Soft Washing, Roof Cleaning
post #11 of Old 02-18-2013, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh Pressure Washing View Post
Makes sense, what's the GPM' s on each?
Both are 5 gl.
post #12 of Old 02-21-2013, 09:49 PM

we use a air driven pump, and a electric fatboy pump. Both are great, but the air pump will hold out longer than the electric pump.. And it gets to be a pain to recharge the battery.. However you dont have the noise of the gas engine running..

post #13 of Old 02-25-2013, 08:51 PM

We use low pressure cleaning method to wash houses ( with a pressure washer) and soft wash all roofs (12v). What do you guys feel the benefit is with soft washing opposed to down streaming SH with a pressure washer for washing houses?

RDU Pro Wash and Paint
919-740-2366
post #14 of Old 02-26-2013, 04:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to minman
I also use the pressure washer 8gpm soft wash. The electric sounds interesting.
post #15 of Old 02-26-2013, 05:45 PM

well for one your not carrying cans of bleach around with you, and also your not getting as much overspray as I would imagine you are with a pw.. But it allows you to use one unit to do both the roof and the exterior

post #16 of Old 03-23-2013, 07:05 PM

Chuck Bergman Soft-Washing and Pressure Cleaning reply march 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spray Wash View Post
Softwashing on many surfaces is far superior to pressure washing. Pressure still has its time and place, just not as often with us anymore.
I agree 100% with this reply and I see we are both in Florida!
I mainly clean roofs with soft-wash and pressure clean everything else. We all know what pressure washing does to shingle granules-it puts a good % in the gutter, or on the ground. With tile-High Pressure can dull or remove any glazing and most modern tiles have a light glaze [shine] Unglazed, high pressure [like a 3000-4000 psi machine] can dull the slurry coat [factory paint] {This I have seen to small and great extremes locally, see photos I took below of some extremes in a local development. They lost their color and became pale looking. }
Also, on tile roofs, any of you who have worked with tile much, know that the cement around all the ridges and ridge cap, is always cracked up in a million places. Hit that with high pressure and cement pieces end up a block away! { Exaggeration on distance LOL }
Lastly, pressure washing any roof [ Being in the pressure cleaning business here in Charlotte county,Florida since 1989, I had pressure washed many hundreds before I switched to soft-washing them ] requires you walk on 90% of it, clean run your gun in strips across your work reach distance. On tile, that means a high chance of many cracked tiles. On shingles, it means loosening more granules with your feet.
I know this is an old discussion, but it may be worth bringing to life for some?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OYSTER CREEK Pressure washers blasting roofs pale (1).jpg (96.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg OYSTER CREEK Pressure washers blasting roofs pale (3).jpg (95.3 KB, 1 views)

http://www.bergmanpressurewashing.com/
Chuck Bergman Pressure Cleaning and Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning. Charlotte County, Florida Licensed / Insured Since 1989 33981
Father and Son business [no employees-no trainees for your job!] since 1994.
Call 941-698-1959 or EMail us at: [email protected]
post #17 of Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 AM

For soft washing i would recommend you to use Janitorial Cleaning Supplies, as it is best cleaning supply in market, though bleach has home recommeded usage, which may or may not reach where our hands couldn't reach, so try out Janitorial products once, do let me know the feedback after its usage....to know its variety range of products available, visit on https://www.facebook.com/MobileJanitorialSupply or http://mobilejanitorialsupply.com/.
post #18 of Old 07-20-2013, 09:13 AM

Joining the board. We specialize in low pressure cleaning.

Fiddler Roof Cleaning
Licensed, Insured and Bonded
Proudly Serving Palm Beach County and Broward County, South Florida
http://fiddlerroofcleaning.com
Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning Ė Low-Pressure Pressure Washing, Eco-Friendly Products
post #19 of Old 08-30-2014, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergman's Pressure Wash View Post
I agree 100% with this reply and I see we are both in Florida!
I mainly clean roofs with soft-wash and pressure clean everything else. We all know what pressure washing does to shingle granules-it puts a good % in the gutter, or on the ground. With tile-High Pressure can dull or remove any glazing and most modern tiles have a light glaze [shine] Unglazed, high pressure [like a 3000-4000 psi machine] can dull the slurry coat [factory paint] {This I have seen to small and great extremes locally, see photos I took below of some extremes in a local development. They lost their color and became pale looking. }
Also, on tile roofs, any of you who have worked with tile much, know that the cement around all the ridges and ridge cap, is always cracked up in a million places. Hit that with high pressure and cement pieces end up a block away! { Exaggeration on distance LOL }
Lastly, pressure washing any roof [ Being in the pressure cleaning business here in Charlotte county,Florida since 1989, I had pressure washed many hundreds before I switched to soft-washing them ] requires you walk on 90% of it, clean run your gun in strips across your work reach distance. On tile, that means a high chance of many cracked tiles. On shingles, it means loosening more granules with your feet.
I know this is an old discussion, but it may be worth bringing to life for some?
Good to see you over here Chuck, and for those of you who don't already know, we are in Florida too.
All this "Softwash" stuff kind of cracks me up, since we have been doing it over 20 years. What some are now calling softwashing a roof, we called it no or non pressure roof cleaning, or chemical roof cleaning. My Mom is 100% Italian, and what we always called Spaghetti, some now want to call "Pasta"
WTF ?

Well, whatever you want to call it, Soft Wash or Softwashing, here is a helpful thread http://roofcleaninginstitute.org/ind...m-of-your-own/ that some may find useful in their quest to build a Softwash System of their own.

Some use 12 volt pumps, some use air pumps, but whatever you use, it has to be able to deliver more chemical concentration to softwash with, then your run of the mill downstream injector.
post #20 of Old 09-09-2014, 02:09 PM

Sodium hypocholrite, AKA bleach, is absolutely essential if you want to kill mold and algae. Down here in Louisiana, it is an absolute must. I don't see how I could get by without it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in