Starting Pressure Washing Business in New Jersey - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-27-2019, 12:20 PM Thread Starter

Starting Pressure Washing Business in New Jersey

I want to start a small pressure washing business in New Jersey (South Jersey). I want to start out small and focus mainly on residential house washing, driveway and walkway cleaning, and maybe deck cleaning. I am expecting it to mainly be a part-time gig, and one that may mostly be busy in the spring, summer, and fall seasons. For the house washing, I am thinking mainly "soft washing" rather than high pressure washing.

I have a lot of questions about what type of equipment to start out with, and then I expect to move on to bigger and better equipment as I get more experience. I have also been doing tons of online research and watching lots of YouTube videos to try to learn the skills, techniques, equipment, cleaning solutions, etc.

And, as a very first step, I have a friend coming over this weekend to pressure wash (soft wash) my own 2-story vinyl sided home. He is visiting from Florida and says he has a lot of experience pressure washing housing (as well as doing other construction work) -- he is retired. So, we are going to just rent equipment for this first job -- a gas pressure washer from Home Depot. They have Landra gas powered washers with 3000, 3500, and 4000 PSI and both 3 gallons per minute and 4 gallons per minute. After this weekend, I would like to buy some equipment to use initially to do residential house washing jobs. And, I have another friend who is an experienced self-employed contractor that I would like to get properly trained so that I could mainly use him to do most of the house washing jobs that I line up.

My initial questions are:

1) What type of equipment should I get to start out with? Where do I go to buy that equipment?

2) How or where can I get a company or someone to fully train this person (and me) so we'll both become qualified operators of this equipment and become qualified operators to do each job?

3) Are there actual training programs or courses out there the help get him and me trained?

I have many more questions, but I'll start with these for now. Any other thoughts, suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-28-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Starting Pressure Washing Business in New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-user View Post
I want to start a small pressure washing business in New Jersey (South Jersey). . . . ,

I have a lot of questions . . . . ,

My initial questions are:

1) What type of equipment should I get to start out with? Where do I go to buy that equipment?

2) How or where can I get a company or someone to fully train this person (and me) so we'll both become qualified operators of this equipment and become qualified operators to do each job?

3) Are there actual training programs or courses out there the help get him and me trained? . . . ,
Can I get an Amen here? (Just kidding). But, seriously, I really would appreciate any and all thoughts, suggestions, feedback, etc. that anyone here could offer. I will definitely follow up in response to any feedback that I get. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode