Techniques to Clean the Gutter - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-10-2015, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Techniques to Clean the Gutter

which is the great technique to clean the gutter- small air compressor or the pressure washer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-04-2016, 09:58 AM

This site gives instructions on cleaning gutters here http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com...d-Gutters.html
post #3 of Old 06-03-2016, 01:27 PM

We use a pressure washer, then spray the outside with some car wash soap to rinse the algae off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-02-2016, 05:36 AM

Follow these steps to clean gutter:

Wear a shirt with long sleeves. Wear rubber gloves.
Have a good extendable ladder available. Standoff stabilizers (ladder “horns”) are ideal to keep the ladder from damaging the gutter.
Use a small plastic scoop to remove gunk. Buy a gutter scoop from the hardware store ($25) or try a child’s sand shovel.
Spare your lawn by dumping the stuff onto a plastic tarp.
After you’ve cleared the muck, flush the gutters and downspouts with a garden hose — also a great way to spot any leaks.
post #5 of Old 09-22-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Willingham View Post
Follow these steps to clean gutter:

Wear a shirt with long sleeves. Wear rubber gloves.
Have a good extendable ladder available. Standoff stabilizers (ladder “horns”) are ideal to keep the ladder from damaging the gutter.
Use a small plastic scoop to remove gunk. Buy a gutter scoop from the hardware store ($25) or try a child’s sand shovel.
Spare your lawn by dumping the stuff onto a plastic tarp.
After you’ve cleared the muck, flush the gutters and downspouts with a garden hose — also a great way to spot any leaks.
Wow! Cool advises!
post #6 of Old 09-26-2016, 06:05 AM

rain water, leaves, even animals

Imagine a situation where an animal has made your gutters its home. Its not just debris and clogged leaves which might damage gutters, it could be animals too.How would you get rid of it? Check for this article on how to keep animals out of gutters http://www.landmarkquality.com/blog/...n-your-gutters . Gutters ensure free flowing of water, thus avoids leaks, flooding and damge to foundation. So keep your gutters clean.
post #7 of Old 09-26-2016, 10:04 PM

Ive always found the pressure washer to do a great job at cleaning clients gutters.
post #8 of Old 10-31-2016, 06:09 AM

To clean out your gutters you will need: a trowel, ladder, buckets, garden hose, gutter cleaning attachment and gutter sealant. To begin, clean the downspout removing any twigs, leaves and dirt. Flush out any other debris. If the water doesn't drain properly through the downspout, there is probably a clog.
post #9 of Old 12-06-2016, 12:08 PM

I do it by hand with a small 30 gallon barrel. Clean up the mess a you go along.
post #10 of Old 12-10-2016, 07:02 AM

Guttercleaning vac

anything that can keep you off the ladder is best. gutter vacs work for us. Skyvac or spacevac do the job.
post #11 of Old 12-10-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamil View Post
anything that can keep you off the ladder is best. gutter vacs work for us. Skyvac or spacevac do the job.
I tried several vacuum devices to clean gutters. Dry leaves suck up nice. When you start getting pine needles and sticks it is a useless effort.

Ralph Quaglia. Driveways Plus Pressure washing LLC 727-520-2198
Pressure Washing Gutter Cleaning
Oldsmar Pressure Washing Service
Pressure Washing Tarpon Springs
post #12 of Old 12-11-2016, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphQ View Post
I tried several vacuum devices to clean gutters. Dry leaves suck up nice. When you start getting pine needles and sticks it is a useless effort.
Vacs systems do have their faults. I would say we manage to complete 90% of the work by using them though. There are situations with vegetation rooted deeply in between the tiles and under roof that vac wouldn't cope with or it would be ages before agitated enough to be sucked up.
Still its 90% of the time out of a ladder. Works for us.
post #13 of Old 10-02-2017, 11:14 AM

I remember the day i learned I could use a pressure washer for my gutters. Life changing.
post #14 of Old 10-16-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamslamwich View Post
I remember the day i learned I could use a pressure washer for my gutters. Life changing.
Here in Florida, most of the gutters are around pool cages right above the pool. Blasting muck out with a pressure washer is out of the question.

Ralph Quaglia. Driveways Plus Pressure washing LLC 727-520-2198
Pressure Washing Gutter Cleaning
Oldsmar Pressure Washing Service
Pressure Washing Tarpon Springs
post #15 of Old 12-18-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehs View Post
which is the great technique to clean the gutter- small air compressor or the pressure washer?
There are specific attachments and wands for pressure washers for cleaning gutters. It is a bent lance that allows you to clean gutters with your pressure washer without needing a ladder. Check that out and blast away any and all debris.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode