tile roof - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By hendersonmarc
  • 1 Post By alvinphill

post #1 of Old 03-14-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

tile roof

Hey I have a lot of tile roof to clean that looks like paver not sure the name of them. I have tried 50/50 mix and thats not working to get them clean. What do I need to get them clean to look like new? What mix ratio should I use and what should I mix with the chlorine to make it work the best
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-16-2011, 09:41 PM

try to mix up with some soap mate.

Love mother nature? Eco Friendly Cleaning Now!
post #3 of Old 03-22-2011, 09:04 PM

cleaning roof tile

I have used oxygen bleach to clean grout, tile, and decking. I have seen it used in some roof washing solutions. Maybe that is the way to go. It doesn't have that powerful chemical smell that household bleach does and it is safer for the bushes and other plants around people's homes. I don't know what the costs are for it and if it's comparable to other products you have used. Check out this link ask the builder . This guy knows his stuff as far as I can tell.

Bainbridge Island Window Cleaning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-23-2011, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

roof

Hey every one I tried the 50/50 with a pump and it seems to work with 2 coats on the roof. My only thing is I have to use a pressure washer to rinse the chemicals off roof. When I spray the chemicals after a while it turns or makes brown spot on the tile and the only way to get it off is to use pressure. Is it because the chemicals are to strong,
post #5 of Old 06-07-2011, 09:54 PM

cleaning tampa roof

When you say 50/50 what do you mean?

You want about 3-4% hitting the roof. Clorox is 5-6% and will clean like a machine straight but will kill plants if you are not careful.

Peerless Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida
(813)230-5915
Professional Shingle and Tile Tampa Roof Cleaning Blog
post #6 of Old 10-02-2011, 08:32 PM

A 50/50 mix of 10.5% sh on a tile roof cleaning would be plenty strong if sufficient dwell time is allowed.

K.J. Pressure Washing, LLC / Ken J. Schwarz
Pressure Washing & Non Pressure Roof Cleaning
Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough and Hernando Counties FL.
727-688-0687
Pressure Washing Tampa Florida Roof Cleaning Tampa
post #7 of Old 10-03-2011, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
A 50/50 mix of 10.5% sh on a tile roof cleaning would be plenty strong if sufficient dwell time is allowed.
I dont think the mix is his problm but how he was applying. If I remember correctly he was down streaming.

Houston Texas most trusted source for pressure washing and roof cleaning services. Call or text 2818838470

Houston Texas Soft Wash Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing School
post #8 of Old 09-01-2015, 10:11 AM

Thank you for*your posts!*Very interesting!
post #9 of Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 AM

Great article you have shared. When water stains spoil your ceiling, the water comes from above. Whether from the roof or a slow leak from a water pipe, a coat of paint fixes most minor water stains on drywall. Thanks for the helpful tips and feedback on cleaning your roof!
post #10 of Old 10-07-2015, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersonmarc View Post
Hey I have a lot of tile roof to clean that looks like paver not sure the name of them. I have tried 50/50 mix and thats not working to get them clean. What do I need to get them clean to look like new? What mix ratio should I use and what should I mix with the chlorine to make it work the best

Hey Hendersonmarc

If you ever want to clean your roof tiles then remember one thing use only non toxic degreaser and eco friendly cleaner products. which are secure for you, your family and for our planet

There are some following steps to clean roof tiles

Step 1. Prepare to start cleaning roof tiles

Step 2. Use Environment safe degreaser cleaning products on roof tiles

Step 3. Clean the roof tiles with a high pressure water spray

Thanks
momentum likes this.
post #11 of Old 11-18-2015, 05:47 AM

It's a useful thread.
post #12 of Old 09-15-2016, 05:40 AM

Interesting topic, Thanks everyone
post #13 of Old 10-31-2016, 06:03 AM
post #14 of Old 05-18-2017, 01:42 AM

When water stains destroys the ceiling then fixing those water leaks is really very important.I will surely use your tips while doing Roof Leak Repair. Thanks for sharing those useful thoughts.
post #15 of Old 05-24-2017, 01:35 AM

Hey, I am agreeing with your ideas that one should go for eco friendly cleaner that is not only keep your environment clean and save time and money, but also secure for your health. Keeping the tile in your roof clean not only maintains its beauty, it will also extend its life. In my several years of experience in commercial cleaning, I would suggest conventional cleaning products create risks such as chemical burns to the cleaner's skin and eyes. Green cleaners aren't corrosive and meet strict standards regarding inhalation toxicity, combustibility and skin absorption. You can do this cleaning yourself, but itís probably best left to tile cleaning professionals. At momentum janitorial, we are dedicated to the use of only the safest and most effective products for your needs.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #16 of Old 11-29-2017, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendersonmarc View Post
Hey every one I tried the 50/50 with a pump and it seems to work with 2 coats on the roof. My only thing is I have to use a pressure washer to rinse the chemicals off roof. When I spray the chemicals after a while it turns or makes brown spot on the tile and the only way to get it off is to use pressure. Is it because the chemicals are to strong,
This would be fine...
post #17 of Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 PM

Well did you figure it out? 50:50 should be plenty strong unless you have weak SH

Professional Power Washing Service Serving Enumclaw, Buckley, Bonney Lake, Puyallup and the surrounding areas.
360-761-2986

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode