Used Trailer - opinions? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-22-2006, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Used Trailer - opinions?

Below is a picture of a trailer that is available for sale nearby. Was wondering what you pros thought of it?

20hp Honda 4000psi.

Questions I have are.......

Is there too much weight behind the axle?

The engine does not appear to be on shock mounts. Is that necessary?

Appears to be direct drive pump and not belt driven. How much better is belt and is that a concern?

It appears this was a trailer that someone made themselves and is not a commercially built unit.

Would love to hear the thoughts of you experienced guys as my search for a solid rig continues.

Thanks again for all your input so far. I promise I will get one soon!

Keth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-22-2006, 07:44 AM

Thumbs down

Hi Keth,

In some regards it's better than the average 'start-up' trailer in that it has a larger hp pwer on it and you would be getting more tank capacity than most start out with.

On the other hand, yes, the big tank on the rear of the trailer will cause it to sway badly when being towed. Secondly, those two tanks will severely overload that trailer if there is any substantial amount of liquid in them. It does appear to be a home-made rig too, but the direct drive would be the least of my concerns. They last quite awhile, despite what you might've heard about them.

Just my .02

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #3 of Old 07-22-2006, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Seasons Exteriors View Post

Just my .02
Don,
Your 2 cents is worth dollars to me! Thanks. Because I have limited towing capacity my plan would be to take the big tank off to start and weld a chem and hose bin on the back. Once I can get a truck that can safely handle the full tanks I would consider putting it back on or moving all of this stuff to a double axle unit.

Are you comfortable with the engine not being shockmounted or am I just being overly anal?

Asking price is $3500. It does have trailer brakes which I like.

Thanks for your expert opinion.

Keth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-22-2006, 08:09 AM

Sometimes the motors that aren't shock-mounted will cause cracking around the mounting plate, other times it's not an issue other than maybe a little more noise/vibration. Take a very close look around the motor mounts for any very small hairline cracks.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #5 of Old 07-22-2006, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Seasons Exteriors View Post
Sometimes the motors that aren't shock-mounted will cause cracking around the mounting plate, other times it's not an issue other than maybe a little more noise/vibration. Take a very close look around the motor mounts for any very small hairline cracks.
Thanks Don. I will check for cracks. And to clarify I thought of removing the big tank after your helpful comments regarding it swaying around. Apreciate it!

K

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode