wax/rinse agent...... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 07-25-2006, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

wax/rinse agent......

Okay, you cover the bushes, use your secret formula and apply it with an X-jet, while it is dwelling you apply your favorite gutter cleaner (gutter zap, simple green etc.) to a section of gutter just to keep busy.
Then you do a proper rinse making sure not to miss a spot. The house looks clean as a whistle but as it dries the vinyl looks a bit dull and the windows have spots.

A dilemma right?

So, what do you guys uses as wax/rinse agent to give the vinyl a bit of shine and to reduce the spots on the windows? Secret formulas can be emailed to me.

I just wish the house was dazzling to really impress. Mind you the house looks really clean but it doesn't sparkle like a diamond on a beautiful womans hand at sunset on a beach. Not looking for a product that will keep it shiny for a year but something to set me apart. Have considered adding a RO water unit and using a Shurflo pump to hit the windows to eliminate spotting but I am sure you pros can help me out.

How do you finish them off so the owner goes "ohhhh baby!"

Keth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-25-2006, 07:41 PM

Hi Keth,

Many like to use the wet wax from RPC. It usually turns out great on vinyl, but there isn't much noticeable difference on most other surfaces.

I didn't see it listed on his site, but I think he still carries it.

http://www.rowlettpressure.com/

Give him a call, he's a character. Tell him "Don from Orlando" sent you.

All Seasons Exteriors, Inc. Professional Roof Cleaning
Orlando, FL (407) 579-4026 or Toll Free (877) 837-9705
post #3 of Old 07-25-2006, 08:47 PM

A little Cascade in house wash mix helps a bit on the windows. Auto wax in rinse as an upsell.

Michael Kreisle, First Choice Power Washing LLC
Lexington, KY 859-983-5955
We own and operate a great Cleaning Service in Lexington KY as well as provide
awesome Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning services.
You can follow us on Facebook here...Pressure Washing Lexington KY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 07-26-2006, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCPWLLC View Post
A little Cascade in house wash mix helps a bit on the windows. Auto wax in rinse as an upsell.
I know it can be an upsell but I use it as something that sets me apart from other cleaners - before I use it I ask If there are plans to Paint anything on the house in the next year or two and tell them this imformation helps me decide on the type of soap and finish I use on their house. I offer no other explanations but I do answer their questions as they ask.
post #5 of Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Some great suggestions. Thanks all.

I did try a liquid Turtle Wax car product. Took 16oz bottle and mixed it with 4 gallons of water and downstreamed it and while it did leave a little bit of gloss it wasn't impressive. I imagine you guys are using higher concentrations. At $5.97 a bottle it would dig into profits a bit for little effect.

The Cascade idea is interesting. Would love to know how you are applying it. Do you dissolve it in a bucket and downstream with your regular rinse? If it is the sheeting action you are looking for then I imagine that the liquid Rinse Aid I use in my dishwasher may provide some sort of similar effect. It is expensive though. I imagine someone knows what the chemical makeup of this stuff is so we could make it on our own. I bet you could just hit the windows with a shurflo setup at the end of a job and this would get rid of many spots. Have to investigate this more.

I didn't see the Wet Wash on Steve's website but if a few more experiments don't provide satisfactory results I will give him a call and give it a try.

Thanks again.

post #6 of Old 07-26-2006, 07:28 AM

Keth,

Steves wet wax is not on the site but he carries it. Call and tell him you want a gallon of the wet wax, he also carries rinse aid, and foamer which I also use. They are all resonably priced. For xjetting in a 5er you add 2oz of wax, 2oz of foamer, and 4oz of rinse aid,so it lasts a long time. The wax gives vinyl a nice luster.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash

Last edited by Barry M; 07-26-2006 at 07:31 AM.
post #7 of Old 07-26-2006, 07:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry M View Post
Keth,

Steves wet wax is not on the site but he carries it. Call and tell him you want a gallon of the wet wax, he also carries rinse aid, and foamer which I also use. They are all resonably priced. For xjetting in a 5er you add 2oz of wax, so it lasts a long time. It gives the vinyl a nice luster.

Thanks Barry. I think I did find it on his site under the Car Wax section. Called RPC 821 WET WAX CONCENTRATE

I will call Steve this morning and get a gallon for testing.
post #8 of Old 07-26-2006, 09:56 AM

I know this sounds crazy and some may not agree. If you are looking for a big upsell and an amazing shine on vinyl, use future floor polish it works great on vinyl floors and also vinyl siding, Mad results. It's clear and has to be wiped on with a rag. It is the slowest time of the year here in Florida so I never minded doing it. You can really make it shine with this stuff. Wax the car, why not wax house?
post #9 of Old 07-26-2006, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwashers View Post
I know this sounds crazy and some may not agree. If you are looking for a big upsell and an amazing shine on vinyl, use future floor polish it works great on vinyl floors and also vinyl siding, Mad results. It's clear and has to be wiped on with a rag. It is the slowest time of the year here in Florida so I never minded doing it. You can really make it shine with this stuff. Wax the car, why not wax house?
Wow, that is quite amazing. I was looking to make it shine but could never imagine applying it with a rag. I would be there all day and going broke. Hats off to you if you can make it work.
post #10 of Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 AM

Like I said, Key word big upsell. extra 300$$ or so not going broke. instead of a wam bam thank you mam. Some people will pay to have the extra close Detail, some wont. Just an Idea from some one who has been in the field for 28 years. I dont do it any more, dont have to. But i have don it before. And was allways very satisfied with the look and the $$$.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode