Winterized Pressure Washers - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-25-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Winterized Pressure Washers

How do u all winterize your pressure washers for the winter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Here in NC it's easy to get away with watching the weather If it's going to get below freezing we use an air compressor to blow all air out of the system. Then, using a pump system, we put antifreeze throughout the system. When the pump cuts off, lines, etc are full and it won't freeze. Next morning, hook air hose back up, blow antifreeze back into the bucket and roll out

Celeste
post #3 of Old 04-08-2007, 09:31 PM

This year they come inside. Lost two pumps this year. 8 bolts and some WD4o,would have save me a Grand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-15-2008, 11:36 PM

Well, I am not 100% sure how a pressure washer would be winterized...however, having spent a ton of time in the pest control industry, we generally pump our equipment with anti-freeze. A 1-1 ratio. Or, you could just pump it full of anti-freeze and be done with it. Should be safe after.
post #5 of Old 03-19-2008, 11:53 PM

Winter Pressure Washers

I guess it gets to be no big deal when you deal with it everyday. I just plop a short cut off feed hose into some 50/50 antifreeze and start the unit till antifreeze comes out the pump outlet, drain all the hoses, put all the pressure hoses inside and I'm done. My unit has sat outside on some single digit days this winter without a problem.

Barry Maddox
Midwest Pro Wash
post #6 of Old 03-20-2008, 08:09 AM

Man, I would freak if my pressure washer Stimpy (thats what I named my big red PW) was destroyed because of the cold. In exact order: Upon seeing it, my eyes would bleed, then I would projectile vomit (at around 2000 psi), at least one of my vital organs would explode, and then I would pass out. After being revived, I would see it again, and most of the blood vessels in my forehead would probably pop.

Or...

I would cuss, and buy a new one.

Either way, it would suck at the highest level of suckivity (My own invented word). haha
post #7 of Old 03-20-2008, 12:59 PM

It should be Rv antifreeze. (Non Toxic)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode