3 questions:... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-16-2015, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

3 questions:...

What has everyone found to be the easiest yet most effective cleaner for an oven??

If you wear gloves while cleaning how do you clean them or are disposable ones the way to go??

Does anyone give discounts if a current customer gives you a referral and it pans out??

Thanks in advance!!
Lizz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-16-2015, 09:34 PM

For regular cleaning I've mentioned cleaning ovens 0 times on all bids since 1998 and less than 5 people have ever asked about it. When they did ask about it I told them we did not clean ovens..... they were more than ok with that and no one ever said another word about it. Oven take up too much time. Time is money and unless you charge $75 to clean an oven, just think of the money you could make cleaning another house in that same time. Yeah I know.... it only takes 15 minutes..... which leads in to all kinds of hassle and 1.25 hours later you are finished.

I always offer gloves to new people and they use them for a day or 2 and then decide it's too much hassle to use them. It's opposite with knee pads, people think they don't look cool with knee pads on and then I purposely make them wash a large floor on hands & knees.... next thing ya know.... they are asking for those knee pads. lol

I really hate referrals..... I have given discounts and I've not given discounts. I'd say that would be your call. If you like referrals and the hassle that goes with them, give a discount. I don't have time for it so I don't give any type of discounts these days.
post #3 of Old 04-17-2015, 04:03 AM

If you clean an oven as a part of the one off or regular domestic clean then you can use any oven commercial cleaner. If you offer oven cleaning as a separate service then you go for a specialized detergent.

Disposable gloves are easy to use but you can wash them either with soap detergent or use some rubbing alcohol.

We usually give a small discount to every new customer or when customers book more than one cleaning service at a time.
Cleaners Hammersmith

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode