advice for multi tasking - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-20-2011, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

advice for multi tasking

I was wondering, does anyone offer services besides just the cleaning?

We do beds and sheets and laundry, housechecks and that kind of thing, even some gardening, but nothing like I just got offered. He wants organizing and trash removal in addition to a deep clean, caroet cleaning, and maintenance, not really a big house. My question is, would any of you take this on? I'm thinking maybe its not going to work.
But there is the potential to make some money. I just went from being dead and now I have four new clients.

-jeepgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 PM

For the organizing is it tidying while you clean or a massive organizing job such as a spare room, closet etc? For large areas I would charge by the hour. I charged a lady $40 per hour for her closet. I didn't really have a minimum number of hours because she had a cleaning that I was already going to do so it was just $40.

I also recently did carpet cleaning with a steamer that was $75 and it was about an extra 1.5 - 2 hours of work.

For the deep cleaning what kind of deep cleaning is it? Is it the oven, fridge, baseboards, or weird places like underneight chair legs. If it's appliances etc, I would charge by the item separately not unless it's multiple things. Oven's anywhere from $15-$35 depending on what it looks like and how long it's been since it was cleaned.

I'm not too sure on the maintenance, I do know I had a client that said she would pay around $55-$75 per hour for a maintenance guy, keep in my mind he didn't spend hours at her hours. But just stuff like changing high ceiling light bulbs and things like that.

If you can estimate about how long it will take you to the complete job each time, you can figure out the price from there, instead of charging fee after fee. If it normally takes you 2-3 hours for one of your regular clients but his will take about 5 or 6 hours; price accordingly and work out a deal to where you do certain things on certain occasions.
post #3 of Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Nikki! Uhh, when I said maintenance, I meant maintenance cleaning. BTW I have referred other professionals, its a mixed bag, its something I think I'd rather avoid,
although I did refer my husband's company which went very well, It comes back on me if they don't show or something goes wrong, plus you need an expense account to pay i the owners aren't around, which gets in to real estate management.
That's some good info, yes its organizing and your regular deep clean, walls wiped, oven fridge, drawers, etc. He is getting a new rug and a window cleaning service.

-jeepgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl View Post
Thanks Nikki! Uhh, when I said maintenance, I meant maintenance cleaning. BTW I have referred other professionals, its a mixed bag, its something I think I'd rather avoid,
although I did refer my husband's company which went very well, It comes back on me if they don't show or something goes wrong, plus you need an expense account to pay i the owners aren't around, which gets in to real estate management.
That's some good info, yes its organizing and your regular deep clean, walls wiped, oven fridge, drawers, etc. He is getting a new rug and a window cleaning service.

-jeepgirl
Good news!

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #5 of Old 01-18-2012, 11:07 PM

If you feel like you will need the extra money than take it, it may be a little hassle, but think of all the other people out there that have worse jobs than you do.
post #6 of Old 01-19-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl View Post
I was wondering, does anyone offer services besides just the cleaning?

We do beds and sheets and laundry, housechecks and that kind of thing, even some gardening, but nothing like I just got offered. He wants organizing and trash removal in addition to a deep clean, caroet cleaning, and maintenance, not really a big house. My question is, would any of you take this on? I'm thinking maybe its not going to work.
But there is the potential to make some money. I just went from being dead and now I have four new clients.

-jeepgirl
We are actually in the mold industry, as well as other home restoration fields like fire damage repair and water damage repair.
post #7 of Old 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies, its been a while since that offer, I turned it down.
First of all, he e-mailed all day long, literally, then he mentioned something
about getting "some high school boys to help with the heavy boxes", and I thought,
this isn't for us, and plus it was the driveway from hell. My husband who has a HVAC biz, did work for him, and that went okay,
but as far as the multi tasking, I might look in to some areas of real estate management
that are less labor intensive, because the cleaning part is getting tough for me.

-jeepgirl
post #8 of Old 01-25-2012, 02:16 PM

We have tried organizing, light maintenance and carpet cleaning. I've learned that for my company it's best to just stick to cleaning houses and be really good at it.
post #9 of Old 01-25-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Good point, Bay Clean!

It seems I always try to go the extra mile for people and
that always seems to backfire. I uually don't make big profits off the
other stuff and it seems to be a hassle.
post #10 of Old 01-26-2012, 07:51 PM

Glad you made the right decision
post #11 of Old 01-26-2012, 08:26 PM

Yes, I do several things...even walking the dog to taking down xmas decorations. Remember, these customers need these things done and will compensate you well. Do it and bill them!
post #12 of Old 01-27-2012, 12:18 AM

Wink

I do lots of stuffs and one of them was be able to babysit 2 times for differrnt family!

It helped me so much because I hadnt many clients so I was in need of more work.
Then, I got pregnant, and I could hire someone to clean for me while I was earning some money babysitting another customer little girl!
I also do laundry some times, but I charge about 50 dls to do it if they have machine in their home. I usually do organization while I am cleaning because for me, the house wont look clean if is not organized! But for big organization like the whole closet, a cabinet, etc, then I would charge more, as well if is for different kind of work as clean oven, inside of fridge and cabinet!

http://www.organicbraziliancleaning.webs.com
post #13 of Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 AM

Hi there,
As I think it is not necessary that every company provide all types facility of cleaning and it depends company to company that which types of service they offer. Because come company only provides cleaning for roof, room and garden cleaning while other company may provide facility of bedsheets cleaning and pillow cleaning and it depends up to them whether they include its charge in their standers rates.
post #14 of Old 02-06-2012, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Speaking of other stuff, I am having a big headache with a major
pest control company, I guess I better not mention the name, but ithe name starts
with a T. The owner of the property lives far away from me. You would think service coordination is easy, but not always, especially when its hard to talk to a person
at the T company. I want to suggest they get rid of this company, but don't feel its my place to get anyone fired. The house is getting infested with mice, because they are not doing their job, so I guess its back to phone tag. I have told the assitant to the owner, and she just says to call the company.

-jeepgirl
post #15 of Old 09-28-2013, 06:11 AM

Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode