Apartment Complex Bidding - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-02-2012, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Apartment Complex Bidding

We have a residential/commercial cleaning business and have just recently been asked to do a bid for an apartment complex (doing turn over cleans). Slow months would be around 10 apts per month and busy months would be around 30 apts per month. We would also be cleaning the common areas and the office everyday.

We've done plenty of move/out cleans for individuals and for individual landlords however just not sure how to bid for a whole complex. Anyone have any advice or have dealt with bidding apartment complexes. What should I be looking for and what questions should I ask. Any help you could give would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Hi CeeCee10.
I would have a set price for each Apt, whether its a 1,2, or 3 bedroom. The price would include basic cleaning, carpet, etc.
Hope it helps.
post #3 of Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 PM

What mojak said is probably going to be your best bet. Not sure what to recommend price wise though. Good luck on landing the job
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-16-2012, 04:31 PM

We just bid these at our hourly rate.

Problem is they are more than likely going to want a set price per unit. A lot of times these places will promise you tons of business and show you a few recently empty apartments that are in good shape. As soon as you start cleaning though you will find that most of them are in REALLY bad shape and they take extra time to clean.

We did this with several complexes and I finally just gave up and now just give them the hourly rate. As you can imagine we don't get very many of these types of jobs anymore.

If you are just starting out it can make you some money but trust me you probably won't be making a good hourly rate.
post #5 of Old 02-16-2012, 02:45 AM

I can't imagine doing these at a set rate, the difference from one to the next could be incredible! How competitive is it? maybe you could bid it a bit high so that the easy ones make up for the wicked dirty ones. That is how I often look at carpet cleaning apartments, we will not work for the rock bottom price because it is the same deal, the PM wants them all done at the same price. If it is a BIG complex I will get kind of low due to volume, but I am not gonna kill myself on your 10 unit complex for nothing.
post #6 of Old 02-24-2014, 12:00 PM

We only price at a set rate. It really all balances it self out. Normally a 2 man crew can complete a 2 bedroom in 2.5 hours. Sometimes they are there for 3.5 and some times just over one hour because its a re-model. It all balances out and makes you work a lil faster to get out at a decent time.
post #7 of Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 AM

Well, why don't you look for a better consultant for you then?
post #8 of Old 08-18-2014, 01:56 AM

ACE,
Will these places pay $150+ nowadays? It was 15 years ago or longer when we bid on apartments and they wanted to pay like $35-$55 per unit. My side still hurts from laughing at that price. lol No idea what they pay now so that's why I was wondering.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode