Artificial tree cleaning question - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Artificial tree cleaning question

This coming Monday I will be cleaning a small apartment that had not been dusted in over a year or so..... I have already been there once and spent two hours thoroughly dusting and when I return this coming Monday I will be concentrating on her Artificial Tree.... I have never cleaned one before except for a small tiny plant.... This tree is at least 6 foot tall and the leaves are small.... My question is if anyone has a good way to clean it without taking too much time... I believe it is silk flowers but am not 100%.
Would I just use a microfiber cloth and some solution?? Each leaf seperately or a bunch at once.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-25-2015, 04:20 PM

Although we've been asked many times, the answer has always been NO to cleaning anything like this.

Anyway.... there is a spray you can spray on it to clean it. I'm not sure if you have to wipe it off afterwards or not and I don't know if it drips much or not... wouldn't want it to drip on their carpet. Either way I think I'd put something under where I'd be cleaning it.

You might check Hobby Lobby or Michael's.
post #3 of Old 02-26-2015, 07:57 AM

If it is really dusty I suppose you should wipe leaf by leaf...and this will definitely take much time.
Cleaners Nine-Elms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 02-27-2015, 08:58 PM

If the base is not too heavy, I would take it outside and shake the heck out of it. That's what I used to do with all of my own artificial trees years ago (now I don't keep these dust collectors around!) :-)

Since it hasn't been dusted in so long, I would also take my Swiffer duster or cobweb brush and kind of get all up in there and break up some of the cobwebs, and then shake it some more. Some of the leaves will fall off, but just discuss with the client to ask if this will be all right.

I would only dust, not clean, this. Takes too much time and the results are unsatisfactory, at best, with the silk plant cleaners that you spray and leave.

Good luck!

Wendy Williams

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode