Bathroom Cleaning Tips to Feel Clean..... - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mold removal tampa

post #1 of Old 05-22-2009, 05:22 AM Thread Starter

Bathroom Cleaning Tips to Feel Clean.....

Although you may wish you could, you dont need to hire a maid to get your dingy bathroom sparkling clean! Just follow some of these tips and your bathroom will look like new in no time.

To clean the windows and mirrors in your bathroom, you do not need an expensive cleaning solution. All you need is to mix 1/3 cup white vinegar and cup rubbing alcohol in a 32 oz spray bottle. Dilute it with water.

Once your mirrors are sparkling clean, you can move onto the other, darker corners of your bathroom. To avoid water spots on your glass doors and shower walls, apply car wax twice a year. It may seem like a strange suggestion, but it helps.

On a more regular basis, you should wipe down your shower after each use to avoid build up. Also, natural soap does not cause as much soap scum buildup as other soaps do.

You can spray a citrus-based cleaner into your shower once a week. Make sure to wait about 10 minutes before wiping it down let the cleaner start to dissolve the dirt. Shower curtains are easy to wash, just stick them in the washing machine.

To eliminate rings around your toilet, pour 1 cup white vinegar into the toilet once a month. To clean up drains, pour one cup baking soda and then one cup white vinegar down the drain. Wait at least an hour and then flush with warm water. Do this once a month to get rid of buildup.

To stop mildew from becoming a problem, spray your bathroom ceiling ever six months with a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water. Peroxide is a safe bleach that wont harm you or the environment. Just spray the mixture on and leave it. If you already have mildew, wait 2 hours and then spray again. Then wait 24 hours and spray again if necessary.

Just follow these bathroom cleaning tips, and you are sure to see a difference in the cleanliness of your bathroom.
momentum likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 02-01-2018, 02:35 AM

Hi everyone, great tips you have given for bathroom cleaning. I think bathroom tiles get stained quickly therefore, clean it regularly. Yes, vacuuming is one home clean-up tasks that you should perform on daily basis. Simple household items like vinegar or baking soda can be effective cleaners. I am working with Momentum janitorial commercial cleaning company in and around Southern California and we are able to meet your needs when it comes to time and frequency; we are able to clean weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. Good sharing.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California
post #3 of Old 03-21-2018, 01:47 AM

1. Remove all items from their usual spot.
2. Dust and sweep.
3. Apply cleaner to shower and bathtub.
4. Tackle other surfaces.
5. Mix cleaning solution for floor.
6. Hit the shower and bathtub.
7. Finish the shower and bathtub.
8. Clean the vanity area.
9. Clean the toilet.
10. Mop the floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-25-2018, 03:10 PM

I always stress to my clients how important it is to have a regular cleaning schedule for these bathroom items, because once they start to pile up its way more difficult to get completely clean. Thanks for the great tips
post #5 of Old 05-10-2018, 09:13 AM

Tried to find the thread on this subject but couldnt. I have a question about glass shower doors and how to get those white water marks off the doors. I have a client who is annoyed that I havent removed them. Why havent I? Because right from the start he told me not to worry about it and he wanted me to focus on floors and organizing his bathroom and kitchen. He moved into this home maybe 5 months ago and still has not unpacked, and he just drops trash wherever he is at the time. NOPE, not exaggerating this. It takes me a while to de-clutter, throw stuff out, etc., simply in order to clean the room, the floor, etc. Yesterday he voiced annoyance over the shower doors and it caught me off guard.
Last month, he cut my hours down from 4 to 3 because he "cant afford it" and I know this is nonsense. SO - I am hustling to get as much done as possible in 3 hours. Get the picture?

In the car I thought more about shower doors. I have tried products that claim to get rid of them and they didnt work. I have tried a good all purpose cleaner on them with limited success. In the car, it struck me that perhaps, a Magic Eraser would work! Has anyone tried that and did it work?
post #6 of Old 05-31-2018, 06:28 AM

Bathroom Cleaning Tips

I would like to share some easy steps for cleaning your bathroom[/URL] which I usually follow in my routine:
1. Drop two Alka-seltzer tablets in toilet or bathroom and wait for one minute.
2. Use micro-fiber cloth to remove cobwebs.
3. Use disinfectant which is eco-friendly, to clean door handles and light switches.
4. Spray some glass cleaner on mirrors and wipe them. Do remove toothpaste from sink and counter top if any.
5. Use damp rag to clean the faucet and the wall behind the sink.
6. Spread disinfectant in toilet tub and wait for for time. Then with toilet brush scrub the tub, vanity area and then flush.
7. Use clean towels to wipe down the toilet floors.

I know one company by the name Green Frog Cleaning. I read these bathroom cleaning tips in one of their blog. You can also read more in their blogs.
post #7 of Old 06-03-2018, 04:38 AM

post #8 of Old 03-08-2019, 01:39 AM

I personally think that use of steam mops thrice in a week will help you keep your bathroom clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode