Carpet Cleaning Tips For the Home - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-05-2010, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Carpet Cleaning Tips For the Home

If it is your wish to keep your rugs looking nice, clean, and new there are a few carpet cleaning tips and techniques that will make this possible. While stain cleaners and odor eliminators are quite popular and can be highly effective at their functions, if they are not used absolutely correctly they can cause more harm than good for your carpet.

Divide your carpet into quarters and clean one section at a time. You should pass over each section of floor at least once in two directions for the most effective cleaning. By doing this you will be much more likely to remove all the dirt, which left unattended can actually damage the fibers of your carpet.

Using soap based cleaners or too much water when removing stains from your carpet can actually create new stains rather than removing existing stains. Unfortunately, some of these cleaners will remain even after they dry, which allows them to potentially damage the floor even further. Damage can be caused when the soap remaining in the carpet removes the dirt from your shoes.

In addition, liquid cleaners can actually pull the dirt deeper into the carpet rather then removing it all together. While the stain seems to be gone, it is actually underneath the surface of the carpet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-10-2010, 02:07 PM

nice one.. i will note this one.. thanks
post #3 of Old 03-12-2010, 03:42 AM

very nice one... right now i am in mold removal business ....but my angle for clean a carpet not including expensive products…. i get an ordinary nail brush or scrubbing brush, a bowl of hot water, a roll of kitchen towel and washing up liquid….
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-20-2010, 04:37 PM

Thanks will do this for my carpet and rugs!
post #5 of Old 05-03-2010, 02:02 AM

These are some genral points to keep your carpet clean very easily. These tips will help you in cleaning your residetial carpet.

1) The Residential carpet cleaner is the best way if you do not want to hire carpet cleaning professionals and you want that your carpet remain new for a long time. There are many methods which will help you to keep your residential carpet clean.
2) The R
esidential carpet cleaning is usually uses dry cleaning, wet and steam cleaning and mostly the residential carpet cleaner use dry cleaning method to clean carpet. The residential carpet cleaner use many type of powder with the dry cleaning methods to clean carpet at home. The dry cleaning method is the best method because this is an advanced method for residential carpet cleaning and it provides the best solution.
3) The wet cleaning method is a commonly used for residential carpet cleaning, in this method we use different kind of detergent to clean the carpet. Some kind of special shampoo also used in this method to shine up a residential carpet. The steam method is also used to clean a carpet but for that we need professionals because in this method we require machines to keep the steam on specific temperature.

The carpet cleaning companies provides some special training to the carpet cleaning professionals for marketing and support because they know which method is suitable for your residential carpet. These companies also provide carpet cleaning franchise, for people who want to start his own carpet cleaning business and they provide special equipment and professionals to these franchises.

We are cleaning services provider in the UK.Sharing information on Carpet Cleaning Farnchise and how to start a carpet cleaning business.
post #6 of Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Home Cleaning

Thanks for the excellent tips, I will let my employees know of these techniques.
post #7 of Old 05-11-2010, 04:59 PM
post #8 of Old 05-20-2010, 05:37 AM

Thanks roadies, i think this info will help you all people.

We are cleaning services provider in the UK.Sharing information on Carpet Cleaning Farnchise and how to start a carpet cleaning business.
post #9 of Old 06-01-2010, 07:01 AM

post #10 of Old 06-03-2010, 04:18 AM

great tips guys..very useful..
thanks for sharing

There is no need to have it all, just make the best of what you have
cleaning your houses | Painting Tips
post #11 of Old 06-12-2010, 10:24 PM

the best tip is have carpet cleaned every 12month specially in some heavily used area, fail to do that may lead to carpet replacement whick may cost thousands dollars.
Pay special attention to the areas where people sit and move their feet. Vacuum these areas of heavy traffic with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes.
Soil retardants can be applied to new carpets or to newly cleaned carpets. Follow manufacturers' advice. Apply soil retardants only with professional equipment using the recommended application techniques.
Add baking soda to the bag in your vacuum to fight odors.
www.your-cleaningservices.com.au/

Last edited by Peter li; 06-12-2010 at 10:28 PM.
post #12 of Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 AM

These are really very useful tips. Nice post.

Offers commercial and professional Carpet Cleaners London and Commercial Carpet Cleaning.
post #13 of Old 09-20-2010, 04:38 PM

We have a lot of people going in and out of our house all the time. Not to mention the dogs, these tips will help keep my carpet fresh!
post #14 of Old 09-21-2010, 03:44 AM

You can see more tips in this article
post #15 of Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM

I may be a bit prejudiced, but steam cleaners and carpet steam cleaners are excellent tools to use when you need to deep clean your carpets. They use a combination of steam and the hot water extraction method to suction the dirt right out.
post #16 of Old 10-26-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steam View Post
I may be a bit prejudiced, but steam cleaners and carpet steam cleaners are excellent tools to use when you need to deep clean your carpets. They use a combination of steam and the hot water extraction method to suction the dirt right out.
I agree with you. But I'm against usage of steam cleaning machines by non-professionals.
post #17 of Old 10-28-2010, 02:13 AM

Yep, the the non professional steam cleaning machines are not good at all

post #18 of Old 10-10-2012, 02:42 AM

i dont think so..
post #19 of Old 10-17-2012, 03:12 PM

Is Karcher industrial steam cleaner a good option? It is for only £648 instead of £1070 at Akro catering equipment company. Should I buy it or not? Confused!
post #20 of Old 10-22-2012, 01:24 AM

I will follow your carpet cleaning tips and see whether it works or not. If it works then it is very helpful for me because I am getting very trouble while cleaning my carpet. Thanks for sharing it at here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode