Caught in a lie - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 09-01-2011, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Caught in a lie

I recently ran a very very small "daily deal" ad with a small local company. Anyway, one of the buyers called to schedule a cleaning and stated his home was 1,000 sq ft. Because this was a daily deal ad, I wanted to cover all my bases. So, I looked up the sq ft of the home and it turns out it is actually 1,889 sq ft. Also, when asked if he had any pets, he said yes but that they were outside. After finding out he had lied about the sq ft of him home, I think he may be lying about that as well.

So my dilema really is, how do I bring this up to him?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 PM

You ran a daily deal......Expect a bunch of lies from a bunch of people. They are going to want deep cleanings when it wasn't for a deep cleaning, move out cleanings if it wasn't for move out cleaning, they are going to want the basement done, inside of the fridge/oven and garage, expect people to want an entire cleaning who never cleaned a day in their life, expect people to not tip, expect them to live waaaay outside the coverage area and them tell you that you told them you would service them, expect them to pick and choose how many cleaners they want as if they have a choice, expect them to want a cleaning done the same day, expect them to want a low maintenance rate, HA even expect some to get a refund from the deal site and then try to still get their cleaning...ohh let me count the ways...LOL

If you don't go into this-deals- with a somewhat arrrgghh attitude they will walk all over you.

Make a disclaimer somewhere on your site and..... checklist, please take a checklist with you. Let your disclaimer be known what might constitute extra charges, excessive pet hair/dander, extreme dust, further travel, anything that is going to cost you more time and more money that's not in the norm. Towards the end of my deal I had no issue with looking someone in the face and telling them what was going to be extra and what wasn't included in the voucher.

If your voucher was for a certain number of hours make it clear on the number of hours how much it is after and how much you KNOW for a fact you can finish in those hours. If the voucher was just for square footage make it clear which rooms and areas you KNOW you can finish. Don't let it get to the tail end of the cleaning and then tell them, make it be known when you get there so they will not have unreasonable expectations as they probably already do.
post #3 of Old 09-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Nikisclean is right on all points. I ran a daily deal too, and while some of the customers are awesome, a lot are NOT and will be sneaky and lie about all sorts of things.

Be on top of your game and don't let yourself get screwed over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for your feedback. I have experienced some of what you have mentioned. I did list restrictions and most people have complied.
I am so very glad that i ran the deal with a very small company and only sold 7 deals. It was enough to get the daily deals out of my system and teach me a lesson.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode