Cleaning Buckets - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-21-2018, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Cleaning Buckets

Hello,

Brand new to the forum, though not to the world of residential cleaning - I have a company that I've been running for the past 10 years with my wife.

I wanted to get some feedback on cleaning buckets. If you could make improvements to cleaning buckets, what would you like to see? I'm asking because I really feel that the cleaning buckets that exist are seriously terrible (at least for a cleaning service), and I'd like to see drastic improvements. Currently our crews use these two compartment buckets to haul around cleaning supplies, and frankly things can get a bit messy with this setup, with bottles and supplies flying around all over the place in the buckets. Personally, I would like to see buckets that have specific compartments/holders for spray bottles and other cleaning supplies (sponges, scrapers, brushes, etc.), and a specific compartment for clean towels and one for dirty towels. I think this would be so much better for getting everything organized.

Does anyone have any other feedback on this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-21-2018, 08:01 PM

Yes, I've been saying that for years ... a caddie with a compartment for dirty towels!
post #3 of Old 05-27-2018, 01:56 PM

The only reasons I bring a bucket are these: to carry cleaning products and washcloths and other supplies to different rooms. And at the end of the day, when I rinse those cloths, they go into a plastic bag that goes into the bucket to be carried back home. I would NEVER use a grubby old string or foam mop - all you are doing is spreading dirty water around! I see evidence of this all the time in my residential cleaning. Tile floors especially, those with slightly indented patterns. I call those brown stains "dirt lines" - because that is exactly what they are. If a Magic Eraser gets those brown lines up, they are leftovers from the previous house cleaner who did not do a good job. My system seems to please customers, as it shows I really do care that their floors are clean when I leave. I have seen this over and over and each time I find this, I know whoever last did the floors didnt give a darn or have any pride in their work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode