Cleaning Hard Stains W/O Chemicals? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 02-23-2019, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning Hard Stains W/O Chemicals?

Anyone use natural cleaners?

If so, how do you deal with hard water stains, heavy grease, disinfecting showers toilets, etc?

I would love to use natural cleaning methods for my residential business (general house cleaning), but I'm afraid I wont be able to get things clean and smelling nice (Like, not smelling like someone pickled their home in vinegar while they were away).

Also, do you buy them and where? Or make them?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-01-2019, 12:13 PM

For hard water deposits, heavy grease, soap scum and many other situations google Stone and Glass Scrub.

Rob Fairfield
Director of Training and Technical Support
[email protected]
714-833-1939
post #3 of Old 03-08-2019, 12:59 AM

Try to boil Indian lilac leaves and make a paste. Then mix that paste in a bucket of mildly warm water and use it to mop your floors. Indian lilac is a natural disinfectant which really does the trick for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-10-2019, 09:40 AM

I use a product made by Lysol. Normally I don't use that sort of stuff and prefer plant based cleaners like Meyer's or Method. But for disinfecting, I use Lysol's all purpose cleaner. It works better than bleach, and is safe plus it doesn't smell too bad. It kills 99% of germs and viruses, whites things slightly and removed heavy duty spills and stains very well.
post #5 of Old 05-13-2019, 06:33 AM

Non toxic hard water stain remover

Hard water stains can be an unending nuisance. Here are some simple home tricks that could help you remove hard water stains:

Prepare a mixture of white vinegar and water 50:50 in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture on the stained area. Let it sit for a few minutes before wiping clean.

Vinegar and Baking soda can be mixed to form a paste. Spread the paste over the affected area and allow it to stay for 15 minutes and scrub.

Clean the faucets and shower heads regularly by soaking them in vinegar.

Use lemon juice or readily available citric acid to scrub away hard water stains. Lemon juice and vinegar mixture is effective on those stains that don’t come off easily.

A water softener shower head is a simple installation unit that can solve your hard water problem in just about one area of your house.

A whole house water filter can prevent hard water stains from occurring. It reduces the hardness minerals in water.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode