Cleaning the house after renovation - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By gonveil
  • 1 Post By sohorugcleaning

post #1 of Old 10-12-2017, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Cleaning the house after renovation

Hi all,
My brother is a bank employee. As a part of his job, he and his wife are planning to shift to Oakville. Hence they bought a home there. Although it is a very old house, it looks very beautiful. Hence they had to do only slight renovation works.

The house is a 2BHK house. One of the main issues of the house is that one of the bedrooms is no bath attached and there is no common bathroom. Hence they added a bathroom to the bedroom that has an entry from the living room. Although it is a well-furnished house, they changed the dinette and the sofa. As there were no kitchen cabinets, they added cabinets to the kitchen.

After all these small renovations, the house is a little bit messed up. So before they shift to the house, they would like to get it properly cleaned. He asked me to enquire about the cleaning services. When I spoke to one of our neighbors in Oakville, they told about professional cleaning services. Hence we are planning to contact one such company. I would like to know whether I need to provide any cleaning equipments that are necessary to clean the house. As they haven't started living there, such equipments will not be available in the house. So I just need a confirmation. And it's the first time that I'm going hire such a service.
momentum likes this.

Last edited by gonveil; 10-17-2017 at 05:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 10-13-2017, 09:18 AM

I do not know where Oakville is, but I can answer most of your questions.

Most cleaning people, like me, provide all the cleaning products needed. (You should see my car!) This includes a vacuum cleaner, broom, mop, cleaning fluids, cloths to clean with, sponges, etc etc.
If a customer has a product they insist I use, they provide it and I use it. I think most cleaning people do something similar. A house cleaner isnt just a "work machine." Most of us really like to clean and want to use the best possible products in their work.

What you should do is, when you contact a cleaning person, TELL them they have to supply all cleaning materials. If they balk, forget them and move on. Interview several people, and try to find reviews of their work online. READ those reviews! If you call a company and you get the distinct feeling the person is just a salesman/woman for the company, forget about it. You want to talk with the person who WILL be cleaning this house.

This is, of course, my opinion on this and I am sure others will respond.
post #3 of Old 10-14-2017, 12:52 AM

We provide cleaning services at New York, NY USA. I think this place is in Canada so you can contact here http://www.sohorugcleaners.us/ for tips and suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-23-2017, 05:10 AM

It completely depends on the type of cleaning which is needed to be done. Generally, it is required to have wipers, cleaning chemical, tough stain remover, scrubber, and more to cleaning house after renovation.
post #5 of Old 10-23-2017, 07:34 PM

The cleaning company should provide their own tools and chemicals for the cleaning job
post #6 of Old 10-23-2017, 10:28 PM

Hi gonveil,
Cleaning the house after renovation is really a difficult task; therefore, it would be better to hire post construction cleaning services as they can clean your dirty house effectively and effortlessly. I run commercial cleaning company in and around Southern California that provides extensive cleaning services at an affordable rate that consists green cleaning, carpet cleaning, office cleaning, floor cleaning, post construction clean up. Keep sharing.

Momentum Janitorial Inc.
Premium provider of commercial janitorial services
Southern California

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode