Cleaning for realtors - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-02-2011, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Cleaning for realtors

Has anybody ever done any residential cleaning for real estate companies to either prep a house for market listing or an open house or to clean an empty home prior to move in by the new owners. If so, how did it work out, how did you set up the payment terms and what if any pitfalls did you run into. Appreciate any and all input, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM

The real estate agent is mainly used to help banks and property returns to its original state, so that they can be resold in the market prices of foreclosed homes sell.Foreclosure clean-up business bear the brunt.
post #3 of Old 05-03-2012, 06:54 AM

If you're a building contractor and need a cleaning contractor to partner with, cleaning company can handle all phases of construction clean up from the initial broom out to the final detail cleaning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 AM

Yes cleaning companies also work with real estate companies and they provides benefits ans\d client to each other. It doesn't matter that how much projects you did of cleaning only no. of potential costumer matter.
post #5 of Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 AM

Residential cleaning for real estate company to also prep a home for marketplace list or an open home or to clean an empty home prior to move in by the new owners
post #6 of Old 05-19-2012, 02:28 AM

Of course, Now a days many good and reputed cleaning services are tie-up with the real estate companies and as per the requirement these cleaning companies give their services to their customers.
post #7 of Old 05-30-2012, 02:25 PM

Help with cleaning

I am having a problem getting realtors to talk to me about cleaning for them. Does anyone have any advice on how to get in with one and get some business going? Thanks for any info.
post #8 of Old 05-31-2012, 03:46 PM

For large scale cleaning services call Servpro of Lincoln. Some apartment complexes have set up a service agreement that we will clean all of their units when needed and they will receive a discounted price for services. This is convenient for the unit owners because they always know what they price will be and can rely on one company providing for them and build a relationship. For cleaning services in Lincoln, Nebraska and surrounding areas call Servpro at 402-466-4004

Visit out website to find out more information.

http://www.servprooflincoln.com

Watch our Youtube Video of a Carpet Cleaning we did as a gift to the Lincoln Children's Zoo!

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9sK5qSO4jA&list=UUkijjXwAwzx1Rap2g2DlaNQ& index=2&feature=plcp
post #9 of Old 07-03-2012, 09:43 AM

Good Steady Work for a Cleaning Company

It makes a lot of sense for a local cleaning company to hook up with real estate companies or real estate management firms. A few good contracts can cover your overhead for the year.

Proper care of rugs and carpets can save money and increase the value of real estate.
post #10 of Old 07-04-2012, 01:49 AM

For us personally, we won't even give real estate people a bid on their private homes let alone working for them in their profession. I did try to work with them for several years but every one we worked with was CHEAP and wanted the moon and only paid peanuts. I guess if you work for cheap it would be good but we don't work cheap. Not to mention the hassle many of them put you through just to get paid. Not any where worth my time. After I wrote that I just remembered the WORK. Wow!! I guess cleaning residential for regular customers has me so spoiled I'd never let my girls do that hard work again. But... someone has to do it so knock yourself out! Good luck.
post #11 of Old 08-09-2012, 09:33 AM

Very enlightening. Thank you.
post #12 of Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM

I recently dealt with a homeowner in NY that had a 4 level brownstone with 5 bathrooms and a basement cleaned. Apparently the mother who owned it passed away last year so the house has been sitting collecting dust and other vermin which I could clearly smell. It was extremely dusty, cobwebs and mold in the bathroom and extremely cluttered. So much clutter that I recommend she calls in a junk removal business first. Needless to say, I gave her my quote for the 4000 square foot home and she says ok but it will be accounts receivable, meaning I wont get paid til the house is sold! So, after a slight chuckle I moved on to the next client without a thought!

Jamel Dennis-SOAPrano's Cleaning LLC
www.soapranoscleaning.net
post #13 of Old 10-05-2012, 08:45 AM

Don't people know that we need to get paid like everyone else...now, not later?

We specialize in the deep cleaning of rental properties, beach houses, foreclosures, apartments, etc. Debris removal. Jacksonville,FL. Free estimate. Licensed and insured.
www.davistpm.com
post #14 of Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 PM

Question Real Estate Collaboration

For those who worked with real estate companies, how did you approach them? I am playing with the idea of going to real estate companies in my area and discussing working with them for house cleaning, foreclosed or brand new, but I am not sure where or how to start.

Cleaning by N & J
post #15 of Old 11-30-2012, 02:00 PM

Real Estate agents are a great source of business. Call the various agencies in your area and ask for the top three producing agents in each office. Call and ask for an appointment to sit down and speak with each agent. Take along some marketing material and a little treat for the agent when you meet with them. If they already have a cleaning service keep the relationship open by visiting with them monthly or by dropping something by for them.
post #16 of Old 11-30-2012, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Absolute Clean Freaks, great idea! We will definitely try that one.
post #17 of Old 12-01-2012, 10:38 PM

Absolute Cleaning Freaks that is exactly the way i approached real estates in my area, and it works i am now the number one cleaner for a company and now hopefully 2nd for others who already have there first call.
post #18 of Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 PM

Absolute Clean Freaks I really appreciate the response and will have to get the nerve up for that but will do it. How does the pricing work? Right now I do in-home estimates only because I want to see the job first. Obviously I couldn't do that with a real estate agent so how would I price the job?

Cleaning by N & J
post #19 of Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 PM

We've been getting tenant clean out jobs for a while, and we just started doing post construction clean up. The problem with either of these is you NEVER know what kind of state the place is in when you get there, and, often, the realtor/landlord doesn't, either. ("The guy said he cleaned a little when he left, so it shouldn't be too bad." Lies!) Unless you get to see the place and get a good estimate, I would charge hourly. If you're worried about losing the client because of the cost, you can charge a flat rate for x amount of hours and then an hourly rate for any extra time after that. It often takes much more time than you'd think, especially if you're used to "normal" residential cleaning; there's so many details that we never/rarely have to do for our regular clients (washing walls, cleaning out cabinets, removing construction dust, etc)
We actually get all of these jobs through our regular residential customers, which is great because they already know our quality of service and trust us.
post #20 of Old 03-29-2013, 01:29 PM

can't go wrong with it!

Start Your Own Green Cleaning Business
http://www.CleaningServiceBiz.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode