Cleaning Tips for Keeping Your House Market Friendly - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning Tips for Keeping Your House Market Friendly

With the current slow housing market, it is now even more important to keep your house clean and tidy when trying to sell. To give you a helping hand and perhaps some well needed motivation, here are some tips to keeping your house market-friendly:

- Wash windows inside and out, after all first impressions are important. A good tip is to dry the windows with crumpled newspaper and if you can, wash the windows on a cloudy rather than sunny day, because the sun can cause it to streak.

- Clean shower, sinks and bath tubs, to remove hard water spots and scum off showers use undiluted, heated white vinegar. Put in a spray bottle, spray on and leave to soak for 15 mins and then scrub.

- Clean all light fixtures and replace lightbulbs with a higher wattage, these little things are easy to forget, but can make all the difference.

- Put non-essential items in boxes to eliminate clutter, so that viewers can see the whole space, it will also make the rooms look bigger.

Anything else you guys want to add?

Office Cleaning London - Total Clean provide competitively priced office cleaning in London, also commercial cleaning and office cleaning services London, London city and W1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 07-16-2009, 02:15 AM

A nice Informative Article thanks for sharing this little but valuable Information. Thanks again
post #3 of Old 07-16-2009, 07:21 AM

Don't go over the wattage listed for the light fixture. Usually it is 60w max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 08-04-2009, 07:11 AM

I think you given basic tips but quite enough and useful all tips. thx
post #5 of Old 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM

With changing bulbs be sure to use fluorescent lighting they are great for energy savers.
post #6 of Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 AM

Given tips surely be helpful but last tips need to implement, its helpful to make the rooms look bigger...
post #7 of Old 09-21-2009, 08:16 AM

I always even remove everything from rooms...avoid even having boxes laying around. People seem to be more impressed when you show things this way.
post #8 of Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 AM

Removing Candle Wax

Candle wax can be removed from walls or other surfaces with an iron and facial tissue. Set the tissue over the wax and gently iron. When the wax seeps through and the tissue begins to brown, apply a new tissue.
post #9 of Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 AM

Removing Blood Stains
Cornstarch can remove blood stains. Rinse the stain in cold water and then rub in moistened cornstarch. Place the item in the sun.
post #10 of Old 10-13-2009, 02:16 AM

Removing Gum
Gum can be removed using ice. Place an ice cube on the gum. When the gum hardens use a dull knife to remove it.
post #11 of Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 AM

Make a Schedule
Set aside a regular short period of time each week for the family to straighten up the house. It teaches good habits to the kids and gives the family a project to do together. Everyone will feel better when the job is done.

Source: www.seattlesimplyclean.com
post #12 of Old 01-12-2010, 01:24 AM

thanks for sharing very needful information. for each thing of our daily use must be cleaned. its our basic protection from virus and bacterias.
post #13 of Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Get your carpets cleaned by a company who uses the Rotovac Power wand. It exposes the fibers to a lot of heat and it makes Nylon fibers reset and look like new again.
post #14 of Old 01-18-2010, 11:27 PM

Cleaning before selling

That was some good advice by Totalclean.
I Also wanted to add to pay attention to detail. For example in the bathroom very important to get the mould stuck in between the tiles. You need a rough cloth and an old toothbrush. It is advisable to use bleach.
Windows and glass surfaces should be wiped with a microfibre cloth as I find these are the best cloths against streaks.
Make sure all horizontal surfaces are wiped down with damp cloth.
Remove all dust and cobwebs from corners, and high surfaces.
post #15 of Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Nice tips! It is essential part to clean your house on the regular basis to avoid the dirt's filing up. Cleaning services are also available to do the work for you.
post #16 of Old 11-20-2011, 05:31 AM

Thanks for highlighting about all these valuable matters. i am sure that your articles will help me a lot.
post #17 of Old 12-26-2011, 10:25 AM

This topic gives me most important information regarding house cleaning. I was afraid of cleaning for rainy season, but this topic give me a proper guidance. Thanks of posting.
post #18 of Old 12-27-2011, 06:15 AM

Hi there,
Your tips are really valuable and house cleaning is an important part of our life as it directly affects health. By using these tips a person can keep his house clean and it will helps him.
post #19 of Old 01-18-2012, 02:27 AM

Cleaning tips you can use depend on the state you keep your house in. It can be green cleaning only if your home is already clean, and some other practical but heavy duty cleaning strategies will be required if grime is omnipresent.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #20 of Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 AM

Your cleaning tips are amazing. All the tips are very useful and effective.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode