Corona virus problems - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-02-2020, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Corona virus problems

Has your cleaning company lost business, due to covid 19? People are hesitant about having non family members inside their homes now. I havent not had anyone hire me to clean for the last month. Plus in Florida we now ha e a stay home order. How do others see this problem? How has it affected your work?

And does anyone know if you can file for unemployment when you are an independent com tractor? I even looked at their website and it was so confusing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-03-2020, 03:32 PM

here is a quote from the NY Times on who is eligible for unemployment under the Covid 19 Stimulus Package passed by congress. Some states maybe behind in implementing or getting the New Rules & $$$$$ from the Feds

"Unemployment Benefits
Who will be covered by the expanded program?
The plan wraps in far more workers than are usually eligible for unemployment benefits, including self-employed people and part-time workers.
The bottom line: Those who are unemployed, are partly unemployed or cannot work for a wide variety of coronavirus-related reasons will be more likely to receive benefits."
Brad BD Janitorial
post #3 of Old 04-04-2020, 09:55 AM

eradicate the corona virus with gasoline

.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJuCo-_R-o

There is a war against a virus. Take gasoline as biggest gun
I am unable to publish a live saving link, because I have no 20 posts
how rediculous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-09-2020, 06:56 PM
Mik

I’m a commercial cleaning company I work at night and I still can’t find work
post #5 of Old 04-10-2020, 03:28 PM

Mik, what are your current methods of getting clients/customers? Do you specialize in servicing a business type? such as banks? Insurance offices? Food service? Non profits? Warehouse facilities? Do you offer carpet cleaning & window washing, move out or move in for businesses? Have you contacted commercial real estate agents or companies?

There are services like Bark.com & Thumbtack.com which provide leads for service providers BUT you pay for the leads. As an example Thumbtack sent me a window job 30 windows--1 story--location near me. I send a bid thru Thumbtack.com which sends my bid to the customer and the customer responds if they are interested.
Commercial office cleaning jobs on Thumbtack.com are very competitive and Thumbtack.com only accepts 5/6 bids for each lead, window cleaning is a little less competitive and commercial window cleaning offers fewer opportunities, they also have a resi side for windows if you do that. The cost for a window job is usually pretty low.

Bark.com has offered some commercial jobs, so far mostly 1x cleaning such as clean a 50,000 sq ft warehouse for a new tenant to move into, again you pay for these leads.

Again these are options to get new business and also a way to test to see how much possible business might be for a given town/zip code. Also I can test different pricing models, so for my last window bid was for $7.00 per window, I didn't get the job so next time I'll bid 6.50/6.75 per window as an example.
I find that the leads for areas outside a larger town/city are less competitive. I still service a lead I got from thumbtack.com which is in my service area. So $20.00 for the lead = $ 4800 income so far not a bad investment.
Thumbtack AT times will refund the purchase of a lead, but it costs $0.00 to sign up and only pay for the leads you bid on.
Brad BD Janitorial.com
post #6 of Old 04-10-2020, 04:35 PM
Mik

Hello Brad thanks for the heads up on thumbtack been with them awhile heard nothing I will revisit, I’m on like 70 different sites I’m working with a lead company not getting much from that, been emailing insurance company’s lawyers all real estate and churches in a 60 mile radius, my services includes one time cleaning, Janitorial, Office cleaning, carpet cleaning, floor care, I will be checking out the Bark.com
Thanks again
Mik gccs
post #7 of Old 04-11-2020, 08:50 AM

Due to COVID-19 people are more worried about cleaning and disinfection of their homes so they can stay safe. So if you're looking for a cleaning company that provides quality services not only for just cleaning but also for disinfection you can contact the professional house cleaning services.
post #8 of Old 04-11-2020, 08:54 AM
Mik

I’m a commercial cleaning company ??? Why are you contacting me like that
post #9 of Old 04-12-2020, 06:29 PM

Get in the new game of disinfecting - I found this which might kickstart things for a few of us, mistboomer.com looks good.
post #10 of Old 04-27-2020, 03:07 PM

I am the Manager of a Residential Housecleaning Company. We have been shut down for the last 30 days due to the Corona virus and our customer/employee fears of contacting the virus. The Governor has announced that they plan to reopen Kansas on May 3rd so we are gearing up to get back at it. We have always worn gloves and we are implementing the use of masks for peace of mind if for nothing else and we have stepped up our process for sanitizing our equipment each evening. Question is...does anyone check staff temperature before the start of the shift with a temporal thermometer and if so...what temperature are you considering a NO GO?
post #11 of Old 04-27-2020, 05:46 PM

I've been replying on the thread I started CORONA VIRUS CANCELS so I won't repeat everything here.

I'd just like to know because I was planning on starting back up soon~Will you be asking your customers to also wear a mask?
I am going to wear masks/gloves from now on for the "New~Normal" which I already know I won't like! LOL
I will be asking the customers to also wear masks so I don't get anything from them.
It's only fair.

6 of my 22 accounts have paid me for 1 cleaning so I really need the money.
BUT~I've been sitting here since March 18th and I really would not be happy to have had that been for naught! lol
Besides just sitting here, I am also praying that my COVID-19 unemployment insurance arrives soon.
Has anyone else gotten theirs?
In WI, the sign-up date wasn't until April 21st.

The following article helped me make up my mind because I know 1/2 of my customers would have me back right now.
It's basically up to you and your customer's discretion.
(I hope the following will be a clickable link! If not, COPY/PASTE or HIGHLIGHT and RIGHT CLICK and CLICK GO-TO.)

nytimes.com/2020/03/26/us/coronavirus-house-cleaner.html

Last edited by gayelynn; 04-27-2020 at 05:49 PM.
post #12 of Old 04-27-2020, 06:19 PM

We will not be asking our customers to wear masks, but we are asking them to keep their distance and quarantine themselves to a room of the house that we will not be cleaning that visit so our contact with them is minimal. We have also stepped up our disinfectant that we use to be one that kills the virus and we provide extra "touch point" disinfecting. We also have the ability to provide a complete electro-static disinfecting of the home if they want the full scale disinfecting. We do have a couple of clients that we know have been sick with the virus and we will be requiring them to have this full scale disinfecting prior to us ever returning to the home.
post #13 of Old 04-28-2020, 07:47 AM

BKersten~Would you mind moving to the CORONA VIRUS CANCELS please?
I don't want to repeat my comments/questions/replies.
This site has WAY too many kinks for me to be patient enough to do that.
THANKS!
post #14 of Old 04-28-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missannienow View Post
And does anyone know if you can file for unemployment when you are an independent com tractor? I even looked at their website and it was so confusing.
Yes, you can sign up for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA).

I'm self-employed, can I receive unemployment benefits?
You may be eligible for Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA), which temporarily expands UI eligibility to those otherwise ineligible for state UI benefits, including those who are self-employed and independent contractors impacted by COVID-19.

And yes, I have had most of my clients cancel starting on 3/17.
I canceled the rest of 3/18 and have been off since.
In all the years I've been doing this, this is certainly the longest "vacation" I've taken and I hate it!
I can only hope my stamina kicks into high~drive when I return. lol
post #15 of Old 04-28-2020, 02:55 PM

Mik So far Thumbtack has only sent me Residential window cleaning job offers. Bark sent me 1 warehouse cleaning offer and 1 offer for a small commercial account and 1 commercial window job offer from Yelp.com.
Most of my leads come from my website, so that is where I focus my efforts. Brad BD Janitorial.com
post #16 of Old 06-23-2020, 05:43 AM

Everething will be ok, we'll have to wait a bit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode