dark residue near electris base board heaters - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

dark residue near electris base board heaters

Does any one know what this is. Usually it is candles but no candles are being used in this particular apartment. Could it be from cooking , dirt in the air? I'm puzzled.

KEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 PM

If it is in the carpet, there must be some air being pulled through or blown on the area. The carpet is acting like a filter pulling the dirt and dust from the air. My guess.
post #3 of Old 03-02-2007, 08:10 PM

I'd have to agree with George (cleaning superman)

Here is a great article about the subject - http://www.cleanprosonline.com/Filtration_soiling.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 03-03-2007, 02:05 AM

Nice job, T. Saves me from a lot of typing. I deal with this problem a lot. I don't think the article mentioned the fact that filtration soiling can be an indication of a problem with your furnace. Just thought I'd add that.

az
post #5 of Old 03-04-2007, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

The residue I'm refering to is on the walls, I'd swear it was candle soot, of course the tenant says they don't burn candles. They never want to admitt it because they fear being charged for the clean up and re paint. Although I can't prove it. I just cleaned it up and repainted the areas.
post #6 of Old 03-04-2007, 12:01 PM

It is possible that the fresh air intake for the furnace/heater is drawing air that contains candle smoke or even greasy kitchen exhaust and redepositing it thru out the home by way of the other vents.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode