Do steam cleaners help in cleaning really bad mold? - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Do steam cleaners help in cleaning really bad mold?

I need your opinion and what you know from you experience. Thanks.
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-27-2013, 02:47 AM

Black Mold is a fungus that can grow anywhere that is moist – and it can grow fast. Once inside, mold can grow almost anywhere moisture accumulates. Wet basements, Drains and sump pumps, often get mold because of excessive moisture. Unventilated bathrooms are prime places for mold. Anywhere in the home that has had a water leak such as the roof and attic are particularly vulnerable to mold growth.
So you use your steamer to clean the black mold.The steam inreturn provides moisture for the mold to grow and multiply.
post #3 of Old 10-17-2013, 11:09 PM

There are absolutely no unhealthy chemicals involved in this method, only natural water that is heated up to a point where germs cannot survive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-19-2013, 01:34 PM

Seems counter intuitive. Mold is usually killed using bleach. There may be an alternative to bleach. I am not a fan of bleach for cleaning, but some jurisdictions actually require that you use bleach to kill mold - in remodeling for example.

Steam cleaner are awesome for cleaning bathrooms though! :-)
post #5 of Old 10-31-2013, 01:37 PM

Mold is a naturally growing fungus, but discovering it in your home can have very dangerous consequences. Steam is a combination of water, vapor and moisture all rolled into one. It works great on removing mold and mildew. i just got one and it works awesome!
post #6 of Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 PM

I guess it would depend on what the mold is attached to. It can get embedded in wood and it will not wash off, it has to be killed and it will stain the wood permanently. I have had luck removing it from plastic and metal in the bathroom using a steam cleaner.
post #7 of Old 12-06-2013, 03:07 AM

Steam cleaners do the job but only temporary
post #8 of Old 12-06-2013, 04:49 PM

I am starting a new cleaning business (had one years ago) and am wondering about the Shark combo steam cleaning vacuum thingy.

Learn how to Start a cleaning business with the Cleaning Up Business System. Better than a franchise at a fraction of the cost! Since 2004 we have helped hundreds start their own cleaning service.
post #9 of Old 01-09-2014, 05:39 AM

I have never used professional steam clean company for mould but a solution of baking soda, vinegar and bleach. As awful as it seems and believe me it is disgusting, it does help me get rid of that nasty fungus.

Of course - wherever there is moist - there is mould!
post #10 of Old 01-20-2014, 04:38 AM

You can use bio clean-a biochemical that helps in cleaning the surface as well as walls and floor also and kill germs successfully....
post #11 of Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 AM

water with clorox helps kills bacteria and molds.
post #12 of Old 03-11-2014, 03:53 AM

If you are talking about the tile on a shower.... you are out of luck! You can make the outside which we see look better for a short time using either bleach or steam or something like that but in reality.... the mold is growing on the BACK of the tile. The only way to get rid of it is to tear out the tile and drywall and start over. And since there are so many different ways a shower could be made, if there is wood that touches cement it must be treated wood. Non treated will cause many, many problems. And, if they didn't use the correct drywall, that can be a big problem too. Just remember.... you are a house CLEANER. You are not there to rehab the place. If they want things like that 'fixed' they will need to call someone else.
post #13 of Old 07-09-2014, 02:42 AM

Mold and mildew is nothing but only growing fungus. You can remove them using bleach. Molds are not good for health also. Making use of steam cleaning can helpful to kill molds and mildew.
post #14 of Old 07-23-2014, 01:21 PM

I could try ammonia or bleach (but never together at the same time as they will become poisonous ) and then gave a go with the steam cleaner.
post #15 of Old 11-05-2014, 05:22 AM

Yeah, you can use a steam cleaner to clean molds it works, it is safe also. you should use bleach to kill mold in steam cleaners for best results.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode