Employees - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 03-23-2014, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Employees

I have a dilemma, is better to employee person for cleaning as a self employed or as a employee.
I feel like would be easier to pay a liitle bit more per hour and make the person to be self employed espacially that I dont need her every day and it looks like it's easier. But meybe it would be better to just put her on payrool? looks like payrol would cost me more and I want to avoid the extra expenses. Please, guys let me know how are u doing this and what is more beneficial for the cleaning business ?
when is is self employed what do I need to get from her?tax number?and do i issue her 1099 every year or per period of time ) i read its when she earn 600$ and over)
I will talk to my accountant in next week but I wanted to check what do you guys think.
THANKSSSSS. Edie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 03-23-2014, 10:44 PM

Location: White Lake, MI (hometown: Bronx, NYC...adopted hometown: Bradenton/Sarasota, FL)
You should register on LinkedIn and sign up for the ARCSI, CleanPeers Support, and the DRA (Domestic Referral Agencies) groups. There are already many existing threads there breaking this subject down. All you have to do is perform a search. You really have to be careful with 1099 'employee' designations. The IRS has very strict criteria on what distinguishes an employee and a subcontractor. Things like who supplies the equipment, supplies, training, how the job is to be done, and when. You can set yourself up for an audit if not done properly. I was once improperly employed as a subcontractor and the lady is pretty lucky I did not report her.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode