Employees - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-05-2009, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Employees

What are the pros and cons of having the same person service a home vs
a rotation of homes?

When sending employees to homes:
Do you send the same person each time to the same house?

I can understand one person cleaning the same home over and over. They learn the peeves of the HO. They can cleaner faster (knowledge where everything is etc...). HO comfortable because the same person is there each time.

If employees are on a rotation (House A this week, House B next week, House C the following, and back to A the next) what problems arise with this?

Is there explaining to do to the HO if your employee quits that has been steadily cleaning their home for the past 9 months? Has this ever been a problem? Do you have a high turnover with employees?

Are you satisfied with the procedures you use or would you change it if you were to start over?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-25-2009, 10:01 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSet View Post
What are the pros and cons of having the same person service a home vs
a rotation of homes?

The pros of having the same person or same team assigned to the home is that the family will be happy and feel more secure [assuming they are satisfied with services].

The cons is that the person or cleaning crew may become so comfortable with that house that they start to miss things. It's best (when possible) to have the same person or crew go in the majority of the time, but send in substitutes from time to time. If you cannot send in an occasional sub, then check the house periodically to ensure nothing is being missed.

Quote:
Is there explaining to do to the HO if your employee quits that has been steadily cleaning their home for the past 9 months? Has this ever been a problem? Do you have a high turnover with employees?
I have not had anyone quit but I have certainly fired employees. In fact, I fired a woman recently and yes, I gave a courtesy call to my clients whose houses she cleaned to let them know that things did not work out and that she would not be back.

Quote:
Are you satisfied with the procedures you use or would you change it if you were to start over?
To date, satisfied....but always open to change as I find an ever better method.

Write the vision and make it plain: http://maidservicecoaching.wordpress.com/
post #3 of Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 AM

When I have only one complain regards the job done by my employee , I know that I have to find someone new, as soon as I find a new good worker I will fire that employee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSet View Post

--> I find it difficult to schedule jobs this way. Generally I only make a point of sending the same employees if the customer requests that I do so.

If employees are on a rotation (House A this week, House B next week, House C the following, and back to A the next) what problems arise with this?

--> Some customers prefer not to have a lot of different people in their home. The advantages are that it makes scheduling much easier and your employees get trained on many different styles of homes.

Is there explaining to do to the HO if your employee quits that has been steadily cleaning their home for the past 9 months? Has this ever been a problem?

--> I have found that as long as I give the customer a heads up that I am sending someone else they don't have a problem with it.

Do you have a high turnover with employees?

--> Good question. What is a high turnover rate in our industry? I have a couple of employees that have been with us for several years. Most probably last about 9-12 months.

When I was in the restaurant business many years ago our turnover rate was much higher. I worked for a large casual dining chain that most of you have probably eaten at.

--> The way we do our scheduling now works for us. The biggest problem with it is when multiple customers request the same cleaner it makes scheduling very difficult.

Tampa House Cleaning

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode