Facing mold on my attic ceiling! - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-31-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Facing mold on my attic ceiling!

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I have a question. Has anyone had experience with removing mold out of their attic. I recently found mold on my attic ceiling and when I went investigating I found I had a leak near the attic fan and a right corner of the roof.

Does anyone know of a green mold remover product. I want to try and remove it myself. Its almost the full North side of the roof.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 09-17-2018, 06:43 AM

Make sure you fix the water leaks first to prevent mold from reappearing.
To get rid of mold use mold killing products like bleach, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, etc. Apply or spay these on the mold. Wait for 10-15 minutes and then scrub the mold on the walls until all the discoloration is gone. Let the affected area dry completely.
If the affected area is too large, call the professionals. Cleaning it on your own could be harmful.
You can contact Titan Restoration for mold remediation services on 480-649-5050.
post #3 of Old 10-12-2018, 02:21 AM

Thanks for the reference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 10-19-2018, 03:33 AM

Great , use this reference...
post #5 of Old 10-19-2018, 08:55 AM

Make sure the leak is fixed.Cleaning with a solution of bleach should not hurt a thing. Dehumidifiers and a blower can be rented for a few bucks.That will pull the moisture out and the blower will help to dry.
post #6 of Old 05-20-2019, 04:39 AM

How To Kill Attic Mold With Vinegar

1. Pickle the Walls! Well, not exactly “pickle”, but that wonderful kitchen cleaning stand-by white vinegar is a natural antimicrobial making it a perfect all-natural way to remove mold from your attic.
  2. Simply mix half vinegar and half water in a spray bottle and spray onto the moldy surface. For stubborn molds, you may wish to use a stronger dilution of vinegar to water. Much like the essential oils, this method will begin to kill mold that is already in place and helps to inhibit future growth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode