First residential, usually commercial - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 05-20-2015, 03:41 AM Thread Starter

First residential, usually commercial

Hey guys,

I'm more or less a commercial guy, but got an offer to take a look at a 2400 square foot house. Not sure how many times a month they want it cleaned. What would be a base cost to start with for general cleaning?

Thanks for your time!

www.cleansweepcc.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 05-20-2015, 04:28 PM

That's a really tough one because you don't know how to clean residential. Just an example, on a first time clean, if the shower is really dirty (build up soap scum and mold in all the grout) how long would it take you to clean it? I'm sure atleast twice as long as me or else you probably wouldn't get it as clean as I would. I could clean it faster because I've done thousands of them. Just like with your normal commercial work... it would take me 4x as long to strip and wax a floor because I never do it.

You wouldn't have a normal routine..... you wouldn't really even know what all you would clean. I say that because all new people clean way more things than they should and take much longer to do it.

But I guess to get an answer so you can give a price.... probably not going to be correct.... how many man hours do you think it would take you to clean it?
post #3 of Old 05-27-2015, 02:00 PM

This is a nice posts.I have a learn new thinks from this site.I share it with my all friends.I impressed by the quality of good information.Best of luck,Keep up good work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 05-27-2015, 04:55 PM

Odd how people ask questions but don't want a real answer. Is it because reality is something lots of people stay away from?
post #5 of Old 05-28-2015, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Didn't look at the house. Just wasn't interested in doing residential.

Thanks for the info.

www.cleansweepcc.com

"Our business is to make your business shine!"
post #6 of Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 PM

I have a friend who has done commercial for over 30 years. He thought he wanted to get in to residential because he saw how much more it paid. So, I hooked him up with a few jobs and he quickly decided he didn't want any part of it. lol But it did make him realize how easy he has it.... not as much money but it is easier.
post #7 of Old 06-04-2015, 02:27 AM

Good points sprintcar93! Residential and commercial are quite different.
End of Tenancy Cleaning Parsons Green

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode