Foreclosure Homes - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 01-23-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Foreclosure Homes

interested in starting a foreclosure homes cleaning biz. need to know who would be best people for ne to talk to to get some leads. whats the least and the most i should charge to clean these homes? does anyone having any cleaning forms and contracts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 01-23-2008, 10:49 AM

How about CitiCorp or CountryWide. I know in my area Jobin Realty handles foreclose properties for banks.
post #3 of Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

foreclosure homes

i live in southern california. r these companies located here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to TailoredMaid
Go to your local bank and network from there. They can also tell you who else to talk to.

I charge by the hour. I have a limited amount of forms available in my signature, but those are mainly for residential homes. Help yourself to whatever you wish!

Torrey Shannon
Executive Director/Spokesperson
Cleaning for Heroes
The only 501c3 nonprofit in the cleaning industry that improves the lives of heroes, one household at a time!
post #5 of Old 01-24-2008, 09:57 AM

Hello and welcome,

I've done several foreclosure homes in the past year but didn't target the market. The jobs came to me through realtors that I have worked with in the past. Houses were foreclosed upon, owners out, realtors listed the homes & needed them cleaned prior to listing.

Don't know if this will help you but it's an idea especially if you are already established in the residential market & have a relationship with local realtors. Most of my business has come from realtors.

The bank idea is also a good one & TailoredMaid has some great forms that you should check out.

I also charge by the hour and always do a walk-thru before giving an estimate. Foreclosures can be very nasty since some of the owners who have lost it all really don't care how the property looks after they take what they want and leave the rest along with the crusty ovens, etc.

suzi
post #6 of Old 01-26-2008, 07:28 PM

I've also just done my first foreclosure home in SC. We also do post-construction cleanup. I had a friend at he reality co. that told me what the competition was bidding on this particular foreclosure . We went in and bid the same as the lowest bid and after doing it, felt very underpaid!
post #7 of Old 01-26-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
I've also just done my first foreclosure home in SC. We also do post-construction cleanup. I had a friend at he reality co. that told me what the competition was bidding on this particular foreclosure . We went in and bid the same as the lowest bid and after doing it, felt very underpaid!
Everyone needs to learn that lesson..no work is better than bad work.

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #8 of Old 01-26-2008, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressurePros View Post
Everyone needs to learn that lesson..no work is better than bad work.
How true, well said Ken
post #9 of Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 PM

what about talking to the auction places that auction offf the homes? Do ya'all think they would be a good place to start?
post #10 of Old 11-09-2008, 08:19 PM

How to make money cleaning foreclosures

There is a great site that you can get all the information you need to get started in cleaning link removed by moderator and you we find all the info you need .I did and I am do bringing in the $$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by t.peterson; 11-09-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: advertising
post #11 of Old 12-01-2008, 08:20 PM

cleaning foreclosures on the web
post #12 of Old 12-08-2008, 03:08 AM

Hi, my name is Monica Romero,
I've been doing this cleaning houses for over 4 yrs. I have recently started cleaning foreclosed houses for a REo company but the pay isnt all that much since I'm a single parent of 4 girls..
I'd like info. on how to start this on my own.
I do have all the experience and supplies ( trailer,workers) which include my dad whos been repairing houses for over 30+ yrs.
I do have pics of my work since I had to e-mail them to the lady who I cleaned for..
BUT what do I do to get my own clients and where do I start ??
need to do something now !!
do i have to be licensed and bonded??
do I just have to promote myself??
But where??
do I need my own website?? how do I do that?? I live in Phx,Az.
post #13 of Old 08-23-2009, 04:15 AM

Click below for a complete foreclosure cleanup training guide with reo contracts

For everyone looking to get into the foreclosure cleaning business, there is an excellent training guide-click here It even comes with the REO bank contacts to sign up with to get the contracts directly from the banks.
post #14 of Old 09-01-2009, 09:53 AM

How to get Foreclosure Cleaning Business

My wife and I started our business about one year ago. We used this company, here is the website: http://www.listbankrepos.com , they have a Complete training guide with the reo bank contacts. You need the reo contacts to sign up directly with the asset management companies. I highly recommend it, we now have contracts at over 21 banks. We also get alot of jobs from Instant Home Link, here is the website: http://www.instanthomelink.com Alot of REO Asset Managers go on this site to find foreclosure cleaning businesses for upcoming jobs, we have gotten alot of work from this website. They also send our resume to the banks and reo asset managers every month advertising our services. I love this site ever since we joined, I would also highly recommend joining there. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal39 View Post
interested in starting a foreclosure homes cleaning biz. need to know who would be best people for ne to talk to to get some leads. whats the least and the most i should charge to clean these homes? does anyone having any cleaning forms and contracts?

Last edited by dreamstinvestments; 01-18-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: misspelled words
post #15 of Old 01-27-2010, 11:39 AM

Hhheelllpp!!!

I am VA and finding it very hard to gain foreclosure contracts. I have only gained two customers over that past couple of months and would like the pace to speed up just a tad. I have enough equipment and employees for a lot more. Is there anyone who can offer advice or any websites to place bids?
post #16 of Old 02-07-2010, 06:07 AM

how exactly sd you target the foreclosure market
post #17 of Old 02-10-2010, 01:18 PM

Thumbs up Starting a Foreclosure Cleaning Business & Getting Foreclosure Cleaning Contracts

Hello, I came across two good articles that I really liked that tell how to Start a Foreclosure Cleaning Business and How to Get Foreclosure Cleaning Contracts, here are the links:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5808120_star...-business.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_5715958_fore...contracts.html

These two articles basically tell it all and they give you links at the bottom for great contacts.

I hope this helps, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegal39 View Post
post #18 of Old 02-16-2010, 09:51 PM

Foreclosure Cleaning

The best way to get started is to contact asset management companies. They handle most of the foreclosed properties. Check out this blog for more info www.foreclosuresdirect.blogspot.com
post #19 of Old 02-16-2010, 10:05 PM

Here is a website I wanted to share with you, they cover step by step how to start and run a foreclosure cleaning business, they cover licensing and insurance requirements, hud guidelines to help you price your bids, and they even give you a huge list of bank contacts so you can start getting the foreclosure cleaning contracts, here is there website:
http://listbankrepos.com/startaforec...recleanup.aspx

Good luck with you new business, we used them when we were starting our business.
post #20 of Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstinvestments View Post
Here is a website I wanted to share with you, they cover step by step how to start and run a foreclosure cleaning business, they cover licensing and insurance requirements, hud guidelines to help you price your bids, and they even give you a huge list of bank contacts so you can start getting the foreclosure cleaning contracts, here is there website:
http://listbankrepos.com/startaforec...recleanup.aspx

Good luck with you new business, we used them when we were starting our business.
LOL just wish I was the ex-homeowners lawyer!
Best advise you can get to start in the P&P field is:
1) contact your lawyer and have them guide you in properly licensing your business and getting the proper insurance.
2) Put that lawyer on retainer
3) Find a company that is already in the business with a minimum of 4-5 year experience and try to sub-contract with them to learn this business.

Educate yourself to all the laws that apply to the foreclosure business. It appears that the business will start a moratorium nationwide beginning in April for 6 months..that is the word going aroung currently.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...est=latestnews

JMO

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode