Gutter Cleaning - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Gutter Cleaning

How do you charge on gutter cleaning, especially now in the fall season?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 12-20-2007, 05:20 PM

Only a person from Texas would call this the fall season LOL. (just havin a little fun with you) When we have to do it, I charge 1.25 per L.f for the first floor and double that price every floor up. (ie a 3rd floor gutter would be $3.75 per LF)

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #3 of Old 12-21-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Pricing

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I cant really call it winter, sine we are still getting 70+ degree days, but since Christmas is so close, I cant call it summer either. LOL

Also, I did notice that you clean roofs. I've seen a lot lately that need some cleaning. Is there any way that you can point me towards some reading material that might help me take these projects on?

Its slow and I need to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 12-22-2007, 11:46 AM

I'll shoot you a pm for a good place to go

PressurePros, Inc
Pressure Washing Companies
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pressurewashing
Offering PA roof cleaning to Havertown, Broomall, Newtown Square PA
and surrounding communities in Delaware County PA
post #5 of Old 09-12-2011, 12:27 AM

Use the pressure washer to clean the canal clean gutters. Choose a standard extension wand, gutter cleaning or a flexible rod. Its essential for all households. Learn how to clean gutters the quick and easy and get the channel filter.
post #6 of Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 AM

You put some baby oil and you put that in a cotton and pass them trough the strings. Have you ever seen the wad of string that sits around the peg of a guitar strung that way?
post #7 of Old 09-26-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussieremovals View Post
You put some baby oil and you put that in a cotton and pass them trough the strings. Have you ever seen the wad of string that sits around the peg of a guitar strung that way?
I didn't quite get you. Could you elaborate that a little more?
post #8 of Old 10-10-2011, 03:09 AM

A gutter system is supposed to carry water running off your roof to down spouts so it does not saturate the soil next to your house. You know, Gutter Cleaning Can Be Performed In 2 Ways
1. Hand Scoop Method
2. Pressure Cleaning Method
post #9 of Old 11-11-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharperCleaning View Post
A gutter system is supposed to carry water running off your roof to down spouts so it does not saturate the soil next to your house. You know, Gutter Cleaning Can Be Performed In 2 Ways
1. Hand Scoop Method
2. Pressure Cleaning Method
Does hand scooping remove discolourations, or I really should re-paint it?

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #10 of Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 PM

I charge 1.5 per l.f per floor! it's not expensive not so cheap, every one can afford this i think, hope you understand my words
post #11 of Old 11-25-2011, 05:50 AM

Paying a company to install gutter protection is very expensive. For even a small home the cost of labor and materials can be thousands of dollars.
post #12 of Old 01-18-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexer View Post
Cleaning charges for gutter depends on what kind of Gutter are installed and how long. To what level you need to clean your gutters, i mean only leafs or more than that. Mainly Gutter requires to be clean at-least twice in years and sometime three times depending on the conditions of it.
Good ! Gutter is not my favourite thing to clean, so hopefully, i can always get some help from professionals.

Best Regards
who offers the best carpet cleaning, professional cleaning services? Help me find carpet cleaning London.
Glad are carpet cleaning London reliable and eager to improve my carpet cleaning skills.
post #13 of Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 AM

Gutter cleaning is not a easy task that' why most of the people find some professional cleaners for the specified and reliable gutter cleaning.
Gutter cleaner offers all types of guttering services like cleaning; repairing damages, etc. Hiring a gutter cleaner should be well furnished in cleaning with all types of cleaning in commercial, residential and real estate properties effectively.

Guttering
post #14 of Old 06-01-2012, 05:17 AM

Its important to keep gutter in your home cleaned as well to keep cockroaches away from your home. Otherwise, it really becomes difficult to get rid of cockroach once they have infested in your home.
post #15 of Old 06-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Rodents like cockroaches infest mainly in gutters, thats why it is said to keep it clean.
post #16 of Old 09-28-2013, 06:12 AM

Thanks
post #17 of Old 10-05-2013, 03:00 AM

Cleaning your gutters is one of the most important projects on the to-do list yet it’s too often overlooked.
If you do it a couple of times a year, in the fall and spring, cleaning gutters is easy.It can become back breaking work and cost you thousands of dollars worth of trouble down the road.
The problem with clogged gutters is more than just those annoying waterfalls that pour off the roof on rainy days, or the pretty icicles that hang around in the winter. This excess water wreaks havoc on the integrity of your home’s structure.

The first and most obvious issue with gutters filled to the brim with leaves, twigs, and other debris is simply a weight problem. When that debris gets wet it absorbs the rain water like a sponge and becomes extremely heavy.
Overflowing water from the gutters can also damage the paint and siding on a home, but unsightly water marks down the side of the house pale in comparison with what happens if the water get inside of a wall. Wet wood rots and loses its integrity, and this can go unseen behind the siding until it is too late.
Ice-damming is another major issue with clogged gutters. Blocked water can freeze when it backs up in the gutters, pushing up against the roof structure and working its way under the shingles destroying the wood, causing even more leaks.
You’ll need; a ladder, gloves, a container to gather the debris such as a bag or bucket, a garden trowel or small hand rake, and the hose.
Begin by setting the ladder an arms length away from a corner downspout, and tuck a few garbage bags in your back pocket so you can easily pull them out. Some people prefer to use a bucket and bucket hanger for the ladder, but it is much easier to use those little plastic shopping bags. A full bucket or big garbage bag can get pretty heavy and make the job tougher than a high wire act.
Move the ladder and repeat. Never reach further than an arms length away from the ladder and be sure to get the dirt on the bottom of the gutter. A majority of it is from the asphalt shingles that run off into the gutter. This stuff gets very heavy when wet so don’t leave it in there.

If you are afraid of heights or worry about dealing with the bags in such a precarious situation, simply grab handfuls from the gutters and drop it onto a clear spot on the ground. This is a very messy method, but you can rake up the debris later, safely and easily. Some guys drop the material down onto a tarp and shake it into a garbage can later.
Once you clean an entire length, grab the hose and spray down the gutter and into the down spouts to get all the small pieces you missed. If there are clogs that the hose can’t clear, you can use a plumbers snake to clear them out. This is also a good point to see if your gutters leak at any corners or joining pieces. If they do, you can purchase a silicone sealant and very easily make the fix.
If you are ambitious, you can scrub down the outside of the gutters or touch up any spots with paint to keep your house looking its best.
Still not sure on doing this yourself? Consider using a roofing or siding contractor, or even handy man.Pushing this chore to the bottom of the to-do list could end up being a very costly mistake.
post #18 of Old 01-14-2015, 11:54 AM

Cleaning Gutters and Downspouts without a Power Washer

Cleaning Gutters and Downspouts without a Power Washer

Posted an article about this subject on my blog:

http://www.cleanwithasmile.blogspot....s-without.html

I hope you find it helpful.
post #19 of Old 03-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Registered

by the foot

I charge 1.25 per foot on clean outs.. K&M Guttering www.gutterokc.com
post #20 of Old 04-13-2016, 11:44 PM

Cleaning or attempting to repair your gutters from on top of the roof is not recommended. Clean your gutters while standing firmly on a ladder. Avoid standing on the top three rungs and don't reach past the side rail no farther than your belt buckle. When working from a ladder, use one bucket for gutter debris and another for carrying tools. Use wire hooks to attach the buckets to the ladder.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode