Help for bidding - Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum

post #1 of Old 04-24-2011, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Help for bidding

In another thread someone was saying they start doubting themself once they are in the middle of the bid. So this should help. We've done it this way for several years.

Page 1... Type you a page of your own rules and regulations of what you expect from the customer and what they can expect from you. Something like... you expect the check on the counter when you arrive or their house will not be cleaned. And all the other things you expect such as them having things picked up blah... blah... blah...

Page 2... Now type you a bid sheet. On this sheet make it so you can write in your first time in price. Then make a place for your other price(s). Make it like this so you can write in your prices while at the bid. $_________

Put what ever you want on either sheet. The reason for Page 1 is this. Once you go on your walk through go over to a counter to write out your bid. I give them Page 1 now. Because I hate people watching what I'm writing so this gives them something to read and they think it's important. Make it a whole page long to keep them busy.

By having Page 2, the bid sheet will help you bid higher. By writing it on paper you will be able to WRITE a higher price than you would be able to actually SAY.

If someone wants to make one and put it on here for others to see, feel free to do so. I put a lot of work in to mine so I'd have to charge $10 to show you mine. So just sit down and type up a bid sheet... it's not rocket science. Be sure and put your company name, phone number and email at the bottom of your bid sheet.

Last edited by sprintcar93; 04-24-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of Old 04-25-2011, 05:25 PM

Thanks for sharing this ,..good advice.
post #3 of Old 04-26-2011, 08:37 PM

thks sprint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of Old 04-29-2011, 07:40 AM

bid 4x's as much as anyone else so you can pay a sub and the whoever else you need to pay so you can get the job!!!

i kid, i kid....nice advice sprint.
post #5 of Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

While you were kidding that does bring up a good point. Always bid the job high or ever what you want to bid at. And if people do try to talk you down, don't let them talk you down over $5. I give 2 prices.... Silver Plan & Gold Plan. That way they think they have a choice. And don't be afraid to bid a lil high.... that's what this is all about. I know, I know... when you are on the bid the lady is going to say that she has been paying $50 to have her house cleaned. That's all good and fine but ignore anything she says. She called YOU to give her a bid so the $50 house cleaner must not be working out too well for her. So anytime they say a price.... pay no attention and bid what you was gonna bid. And make it a 'light' moment. Although you should be in control while bidding, joke around. I went on a bid where the couple was paying $45 to a church member to clean. My lowest price was gonna be $95. They asked if I could go lower so I said.... if you will tell all your friends how good we are but DO NOT tell them I gave you a discount............ long pause........ I'll drop it to $94.99.
post #6 of Old 04-30-2011, 09:39 AM

I offer 3 packages, just so my clients have the illusion of choice, either way, we're going to get paid for our time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cleaning Talk - Professional Cleaning and Restoration Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode